• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

series 1 clutch/flywheel

Thistle Grey

Donation Time
The series 1 engine I have came to me without a flywheel. Looking at the prices for clutch components, it seems to me that my best option is to look for a flywheel from a late series 3 or 4 and avoid the high clutch costs. Considering that the master cylinder is shot and the slave needs rebuilding, can anyone tell me if I will run into any issues swapping in the later flywheel, clutch and MC combination?

Barry

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Match the flywheel, clutch and TO bearing along with correct TO fork and fork pedestal for a given model application and you will be fine.

I would think that the SII/early SIII would be the easiest and cheapest clutch option, not the SIII/SIV clutch. The SV clutch disk and cover have gotten hard to find of late too.