• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

Disk Brakes (again)

I've been toying with the idea lately. This morning I read a thread here which suggested Dales kit. I checked their site and the kit is over 1000 bucks. Nope! The info on the kit says they used Mutt II calipers. So guess what I found on Ebay for $88...
  2. M

Servo removal?

If I'm going to remove the brake servo, should I not consider using a 1" Wilwood master cylinder? Seems to me it would provide more braking pressure than the .700 unit. Any thoughts? Thanks, Mike
  3. M

What's the best way to attach the Top cover

I've picked up another top cover (covers the top when folded) for my SV and would appreciate any advice or tips on how to attach it to the metal surround. Presently there are many pop-rivets with washers to be drilled out but I don't think these are original. Thanks, Mike
  4. M

rear axle - correct oil?

I have no idea when my rear axle was last checked. I guess I should drain the axle, then fill with fresh oil. What is the correct lubricant? The opertors manual , on this site, does not specify which oil to use. Or at least I didn't find the correct page. Thanks, Mike
  5. M

New top installation

I received my new top on Friday. Just wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom before I start this. Mike
  6. M

Speaker location

I've just ordered a new set of door panels, and it's going to break my heart to cut a hole in them for the radio speakers. This car was equiped with an amp in the trunk and 4 speakers when I bought it. The door panels were home made and not well done. I could have done better, but have opted...
  7. M

How do you like my new dash.

Finally redid my dash with the burl walnut finish. Actually I used formica. And you would never know. The burl on it is so close to the real thing. Somewere back in the threads someone mentioned putting clear on it. So first I tried varathane and ruined the dash. Then I tried clear and ruined...
  8. M

3.4 transmission mount

Last year I mentioned that I had made my own mounts, but didn't have a picture. I had a problem with the transmission (don't ask) so I had to pull it and this time I took pictures. As you can see the concept is simple. The Camaro 3.4 is tilted 17 degrees, but one of the S10 bell housing...
  9. M

my seats are crooked

For some reason, my seat backs seem to be crooked. I looked more closely today and I see that the inside back pivot is forward of the outside pivot on both seats. It feels quite uncomfortable, as though the seat was pushing me out of the car. Is this correct? Could they be reversed? On my...
  10. M

Was someone looking for a T5 shifter extension

I seem to remember reading that someone was looking for ideas on how to move the shifter location back. A fellow on the LocCost forum has an excellent solution. http://www.texaslocost.com/Remoteshifter.html Mike
  11. M

rear view mirror

rear view mirror. I have a rear view mirror on my SV similar to the one presently on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sunbeam-Alpine-Tiger-Rear-View-Mirror_W0QQitemZ160297704081QQihZ006QQcategoryZ140703QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Pictures I see of the SV seem to show a...
  12. M

rear view mirror

Somehow, I seem to have the wrong rear view mirror on my SV. If you have the correct mirror, with goof glass, please contact me. Mike
  13. M

Burl walnut dash, option 2

I don't want to take anything away from Eric's thread. His dash looks magnificant. But A little rich for my budget. I'm seriouly considering laminating a Formia product to my Alpine dash. the product is called chestnut burl # `1136-90. The samples look terrific. Apparently a few coats of...
  14. M

What's the green indicator for?

My green indicator is always on. I don't think this is correct. When should it be on?
  15. M

1st drive

I finally ventured more than 15 minutes from home today. Our local MG club took our annual "Fall Colors Tour". But I brought the Sunbeam. We meet just west of Montreal, take a ferry across the Lake of Two Mountains to Oka (where the cheese comes from), then continue up to the Laurentians How...
  16. M

can the soft top vinyl windoe be replaced?

The window in my soft top is white, and impossible to see through. Can the window be cut out and replaced? The reason I'm asking is that, I had a hole in the vinyl liner of my pool a few years ago, and someone came with a soldering iron and bonded a new piece. That amke sme think it is...
  17. M

a word of caution

Gents, Somewhere along the way, Rootes decided to use a plastic fuel line in the SV. Naturally, when you do a V6 conversion, you will have the exhaust on both sides of the engine. AND , the exaust and the fuel line will be very close to each other. I moved something last week, and they...
  18. M

Trying to get the glove-box back in

The glove box was loose when I got the car and the original bezel was broken. I have a new bezel in place. But there doesn't seem to be clearance for the map light wires. How does the glove-box attach to the dash. Should the dask be removed first (please don't say yes)? Any...
  19. M

A V6 biography

Long ago, in 1966, as a young man I bought my first new car. A Sunbeam Tiger. What a car it was. From the first drive home that July evening it brought me so much pleasure. Then, about 5 years later, it was time to move on so I sold it with 125k miles on the odometer. Gone, but not forgotten...
  20. M

Can't locate the wire to the water temp sensor.

The schematic says it's blue/green (SV diagram). Which bundle does it travel in? Drivers side or passenger side? Thanks Mike