• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. getsmartguy

which brand/model aluminum radiator is best to get?

The weather just keeps getting hotter every summer here in Sacramento Ca- and I’m reading a lot about these aluminum radiators, but there a lot of models ranging from $300-$1200. Any advice on which brand and model is best? And what size fans would you recommend, and 1 or two?. And any brands or...
  2. getsmartguy

Loose Headlamp issues - how to fix?

Don’t know if I a, accidentally posting this twice, if so my apologies. I discovered my drivers side headlamp is loose, and after inspection it looks like a screw was loose or stripped, it wouldn’t tighten. But after I tried using a few replacement screws, I figured out I was screwing into the...
  3. getsmartguy

Headlamp assembly problem- questions

Hi Alpine friends, I have a question for the group. I noticed recently that the headlight appeared to be loose on the drivers side of my My 67 Alpine. Upon inspection it appeared that one of the two screws that go into the assembly and into the body of the car was loose, possibly stripped. I got...
  4. getsmartguy

big sparks off battery when I try to charge it? Wiring issue?

I've known for some time that there is a small power leakage problem on my 67 Sunbeam Alpine- electrical people I took it to could never find it, so I installed a kill switch under dash that has solved the dead battery issue for about 4 years now. However- recently I noticed the battery seemed...
  5. getsmartguy

Will a 65 alpine window regulator fit a 67 Alpine?

Guys, it seems like an easy yes, but I've been disappointed before with other things that you would think are a no brainer- but sometimes a little change in the model makes them incompatible! Can anyone tell me if the window regulator from a 65 LH side window regulator fit a 67, same door side...
  6. getsmartguy

Radio Console- anyone know who makes them?

I ran across a fellow on Ebay some time ago who was prefabricating new console boxes that were replicas of the original, now that I've got some cash for one, I cant find the contact information and he's not on Ebay/... Can anyone help with contact information for anyone making these little...
  7. getsmartguy

need sunbeam mechanic for engine replacement

Hi Guys, my original 67 engine finally died, and I am probably going to buy teh new short block Rick has in stock at sunbeam specialties- but as much as I wish I could do teh work myself- I just dont have the skill- AT ALL. I am looking for a good shop that could competently do an alpine engine...
  8. getsmartguy

hardtop window installation?

Hi Guys, My name is Steve, I have spent the last couple of years getting my 1967 Sunbeam Alpine restored, and am now ready to get the hardtop windows put in. I wish I knew how to do this stuff, but I am in the entertainment and advertising biz, and lack the hand skills and experience to get the...
  9. getsmartguy

Sue's Get Smart replica car for sale on Ebay

No Doubt members have seen this Get Smart replica car for sale on Ebay, I am posting "just in case" you haven't. I know the seller, she is a lifelong get smart fan and had this Alpine transformed into a "Get Smart Car" complete with alternate hood that opens to reveal a prop machine gun- just...
  10. getsmartguy

Looking for working Jaeger Temp Gauge for 67 SV

I'm looking for a working temp gauge that matches the ones Jaeger put out for the 67 Alpine- mine matches beautifully, and I restored it on the outside, but then it crapped out on me when they put it back together after the new dash went in....How many of you have been thru this? lol ANyone who...
  11. getsmartguy

Hardtop side window parts and window installer needed- Sac, CA

Hi fellow Sunbeam owners, I'm so close to being done...bet you've said that before, right? Do any of you have a spare set of the side window frames, hinges and screws? I purchased an "As is" hardtop that is missing the windows and associated hardware-I got the rubber and plexiglass from Rick at...