• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Looking for working Jaeger Temp Gauge for 67 SV

getsmartguy

Silver Level Sponsor
I'm looking for a working temp gauge that matches the ones Jaeger put out for the 67 Alpine- mine matches beautifully, and I restored it on the outside, but then it crapped out on me when they put it back together after the new dash went in....How many of you have been thru this? lol
ANyone who has one, please contact me or post? thanks,
Steve

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Steve, I assume your fuel gauge works correctly so you know that the Voltage Stabilizer is OK. But how sure are you that the problem is not in the wiring or the sender? I have a temp gauge. send me an e-mail (not a PM) , just click on my name and select "send an e-mail".

Tom

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Steve, here's where I was headed with my questions in your other thread about this:

Both the fuel and temp gauges are basically 0-10 VDC voltmeters, calibrated to show either gallons or degrees. If you have half a tank of gas, for example, hooking up a temp gauge to the fuel gauge's wires will show 85deg temp -- the mid-scale reading. Likewise, if your car runs at the nominal temperatures, it's "half-a-tank" hot when using the fuel gauge. So, you can determine if your temp gauge is truly faulty by making that substitution after noting how much gas you have. If the temp gauges shows the same needle deflection, the gauge is not at fault. (Be sure to verify ground as part of the substitution.) There are other tests you can do to determine if it's the sensor, wiring, grounding, or the regulated 10-ish volt 'reference voltage' that's being used to begin the measurement task. But it's worth a check of your meter (by substitution) before you go thru tracking down another one.

Now, if there's a screwdriver jammed thru the face of the meter, or it's been on fire recently, then yes, it's probably bad... :)

British Bill

Donation Time
temperture gauge

i have a couple of the temperature gauges but not sure if they work but they rarely go bad let me know if you are interested

ALPINE5GT

Diamond Level Sponsor
Steve,
Do you need an early or late SV gauge? The early have numbers, and the late have ranges. I think I have both. Let me know.
Kevin