• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. B

Radio Console Colour

I have an LAT72 type radio console. Everything on it looks original, all holes in the right place, period EMI speaker, had 502T Radio in it (which I no longer have), mesh looks like the correct grade, number of slots on the aluminium face looks correct.... the only thing is that the Millboard is...
  2. B

Weber 28/36 Manifold & Jetting

I have Weber DCD on my Series V, which at some point has had a Series IV engine put in it:mad: Question .1. I can see that the manifold has connection to be water heated, is this something worth doing, I have it installed at the moment with no heating to the manifold (ie Blanked off on the...
  3. B

Ignition light staying on

On starting my Series V the ignition light stays illuminated and the amp gauge does not read anything until I rev the engine to >3000 rpm or I leave the car running at idle for 5 minutes the the ignition light goes out and the amp gauge gives a reading. The battery is new and I get 13.8 volts...
  4. B

Rear Shock absorber replacement

Can anyone let me know the procedure for changing the rear shocks.... looks to be pretty simple but having never done this before I would be grateful for some hints tips. For example.. how do I have the car and axle supported while changing them over?:confused: Many thanks
  5. B

LAT 72 on Ebay.co uk ending in

LAT 72 on Ebay.co uk ending Today LAT 72 - not sure if original or reproduction - currently on Ebay.co.uk Ending: 17 Apr, 2013 21:04:39 BST...
  6. B

15 X 5.5 Minilites

Previous owner installed a brand new set of 15 x 5.5 minilites with 185/55R15's. The tyres are rubbing occasionally, mainly on the rear arches. Other than replace the wheels/tyres (which look fantastic!) is there anything else I can do. My rear shocks are due for replacement, would fitting...
  7. B

Correct Oil Change Procedure

What's the correct procedure for changing the oil on my SV, I vaguely recall someone telling me that it is not a straight forward case of draining the oil, replacing the filter cartride and topping her back up with oil:confused:
  8. B

Windsheild Frame for SV needed in Ireland (shipping)

I am looking for a Windsheild frame for my SV Alpine. I can not find one over one this side of the Atlantic. I am looking for one in usable condition and dont mind if it needs a bit of refurb as long as it is one peice. I am based in Ireland so would need to get it shipped. Thanks a million...