• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. R

Contact info needed

My move to Iowa is on. Anybody have the contact info (phone or email) for Tom W, the parts guy in Orland Park IL? Apparently, I just lost his card. He was here last week and we need to complete our transaction this week... It's packed away somewhere, but can't find it. Gary
  2. R

Series II gas tank

Came in a donor car. No dents or obvious holes. Internal condition is unknown. I'd think its worth at least $100... Shipping may be a problem, but it's on the buyer. Local pick up would be best (near Chicago - zip 60466).
  3. R

Series II wheels

Four good, stock 13" steel wheels, which came on a Series II. Cleaned, sandblasted and primed. $200 obo, + shipping/boxing (~ $30/ea?).
  4. R

Nice Series II for sale - SOLD 6/4/21

I'm retiring later this year and moving to rural Iowa. The rural gravel roads out there would not be friendly at all to my Alpine, so she must go. I'm posting this here first. I'm the third owner. She spent her whole life in the Chicago area, so the rust has been fixed... 15 x 6” Panasport...
  5. R

Alpine sighted in Magnum Force

I was pleased to spot an early Alpine in a recently viewed Dirty Harry movie, Magnum Force. It was parked in a parking garage, when his car pulled in to a (dark) parking spot.
  6. R

Selling my Series II

I need to start downsizing and am selling my Series II. :( Here's the CL listing: https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/6166960715.html $9500 obo Gary Park Forest, IL
  7. R

Door hinge needed

Anyone have a good door hinge? They may all be the same, but just in case: I need an upper, right side for a Series II. It's worn bad, and would be easier to replace, than rebuild, I bet... Thanks. Gary
  8. R

Death in an Alpine

There was a short story in the Chicago Sun-Times yesterday (10/14/15) about a suburban area collision between a '67 Alpine and another vehicle over the weekend. The Alpine driver was killed, and his female passenger was ejected, and in the hospital. The other driver was not seriously injured...
  9. R

13" Tubes and wire wheel bands

After replacing my wire wheels, I now have 5 (five) innertubes and 4 (four) bands that wrap the wheel to protect the tubes from the spokes, which I don't need. All tubes held air and some (all?) have been patched in the past. At least one of the bands is pretty new (bought from Moss)...
  10. R

Intake Manifold for Weber upgrade needed

Hi. I think it's time to replace the worn out Zenith's on my Series II. I have a Weber 32/36 carb, but need an intake. New (Pierce) is an option, but I'd rather find a decent used one from someone here. Anyone have one to sell? :D
  11. R

New Dual Master Cylinder?

I've read all I can on replacing the stock single master on my Series II, with a dual master, giving me a safer dual circuit system. It appears the Nissan F10 is the common choice, and it appears kinda pricey if/when it is available. I've also read some about using a 71 Dodge Colt master, like...
  12. R

Lucas Distributor Advance Question

Series II. Stock motor. While I had the dist cap off the other day, I found that the rotor did not "spring back" to zero advance. There are several degrees to which it would flop back to, rarely the same spot, never to zero. I took the dist out for a look-see. Both advance weights are free...
  13. R

Chicago Area - British Car Festival

It's coming up. Sept. 7, 2014 at Harper College in Palatine. I'm planning on going. Any others? http://www.britishcarunion.com/ Gary
  14. R

Wire wheels. FREE if u pick 'em up soon

I've got seven wire wheels here from my Series II. Most are prolly pretty dam worn. No broken spokes that I know of. One was my spare for 20+ years, so that'ns prolly good. They're goin' to the scrapper soon. You want 'em? come and pick 'em up. Park Forest, IL 60466 Gary
  15. R

New Panasport Z Light Wheels

I just replaced my wire wheels on my Series II, with Panasport's new "Z-Light" wheels (15x6 all around) and they are AWESOME! I spent 2 hours and ground off the things on the rear drums. Panasport got the shape of the spokes right on these. They fit perfect. They're tight against the hubs...
  16. R

Any use for worn out wire hubs?

I just took off my wire wheel hubs (series II). I'm going to bolt on wheels. After 51 years and 100k + miles these are worn out... The splines on the rears will cut your finger. Is there any rebuilding of these, like welding 'em up and re-cutting the splines, or should they just be...
  17. R

Brake Rotors?

I see rotors are now available (again) for the later Series'. What is the difference between these and the "NLA" early car rotors? What would it take to adapt these to my Series II? Gary :confused:
  18. R

Series II crossmember (free)

I've got a bare crossmember for a Series II. I don't need any $ for it. If one of you want it, it's yours. I'm just south of Chicago. It's going to the scrap yard in a few weeks otherwise. PM me or post back. Gary
  19. R

Minilite wheels?

I'm going to get a set of wheels for my Series II, replacing the worn out wires/hubs. I sent a note to www.Minilitewheels.com on their website a few days ago. No reply. I just tried to call them and get a recording stating "due to extreme circumstances, we are unable to accept any orders at...