• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. H

I'm not exactly sure

Saw this and am not exactly sure what it is http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/3018588179.html
  2. H

weber questions

I am attempting to tune a 38dges weber on my 1725 engine. The carb has 45 idle jets, 185 air corrector jets, and the main jets are unmarked but have an orifice size of .052-.053". Right now the car will start, but won't idle. I don't have a working tach but I would guess that the engine dies...
  3. H

rotary vane fuel pump

I installed a Carter universal rotary vane fuel pump. This pump is unbelievably loud. I think it is a GP-4070 but I'm not positive. I would have to look for the receipt or box to be sure. The instructions mention a 18-14U quiet pack to reduce noise. These just look like isolator mounts. Anyone...
  4. H

no oil pressure

I just attempted to start the series 5 I have been working on. The car started but showed no oil pressure. Car ran ok for a short time with no nasty noises. I shut it off and started to investigate. Gauge is hooked up. Removed the fline and fitting at the block. Cranked the engine and got no oil...
  5. H

engine identification

I just purchased an engine and gearbox which were listed locally on Craigs list. The PO said it was a 1725. He based this on the fact that he removed it from a 67 alpine when he replaced it with a Ford small block. However when I got there and inspected it, I got surprised. The s/n on the...
  6. H

grille wanted

I am looking for a decent series 1-3 grille.
  7. H

alpine in wisconsin

I am unsure where to put this post, but anyway here it is. I am considering purchasing an alpine located in central Wisconsin. I am in Virginia. I have seen some photos, but they can only tell you so much. If I decide to buy it, I will be driving there with a trailer to pick it up. So I was...
  8. H

38 dges weber carb

The series 5 I recently purchased has a weber 38 dges carb on it. The engine was rebuilt and the carb purchased new in 2002. I was given receipts when I bought the car. According to the PO, the car was never used after this. He took the engine out and put it in the car I bought. He never got it...
  9. H

fuel pump woes

I have a series 5 that I am attempting to make roadworthy. It ran when I bought it, but not very well. The PO had installed a small electric fuel pump on the firewall because he said he couldn't get the mechanical pump to stop leaking. It has a glass bowl and was still mounted to the block. I...
  10. H

hardtop swap

Can anyone tell me if the series I and II hardtop with the wrap around rear window will fit on the series IV/V body?