• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. LarryN

Series II Instrument Panel Wanted

My Series II Alpine came with a home-made wooden IP. I am looking for an original metal panel. Please contact me at nattras1@pacbell.net.
  2. LarryN

Series II Lubrication Chart

Looking for the Lubrication Chart that was supposed to be in the back of the Owner's Handbook for a Series II - does anybody have one? If so, could I get a photo or scan? Thanks Larry
  3. LarryN

Series II Front Suspension

The mechanic who rebuilt my Series II a few years back informed me that the front suspension needs rebuilding. Having avoided most suspension work beyond replacing the shocks, I have now (perhaps foolishly) agreed that I will remove the front suspension, he will install the new bushings, etc...
  4. LarryN

Weber Accelerator Pump

My Alpine and I have been sidelined for a while now while ancient body parts (mine) mended after surgery. The car is a Series II with a Weber conversion from SS and has never run quite right after the mod. Last time I started it, it would idle fine but bog down and stall under all but the...
  5. LarryN

Series II Fuel system questions

My S-II is fitted with a Weber carb and manifold from Sunbeam Specialties. I have noticed three problems since the conversion: 1) the fuel drains from the carb and fuel line, requiring what seems like a long time and a lot of cranking to get the gas back to the carb - once it gets refilled and...
  6. LarryN

Series 2 Oil Pressure Problem

I'm back! My Series 2 Alpine is now running a new Series 5 oil pump and a new distributor. A new fuel filter cured the rough running/loss of power that has plagued the car for the past months during the rare intervals when it was driveabl e. In the course of replacing the oil pump, the pressure...
  7. LarryN

Series 2 Oil Pump (Mis)Adventure

My thanks to the folks on the Forum who gave advice and checked their parts caches to help me solve the problem. A recap for those not involved: about 6 months ago, I took my Alpine Series 2 in to the shop for a routine service. The German-trained mechanic there (the shop owner) is the guy who...
  8. LarryN

Series 5 Oil Pan needed

I'm having to convert my Series 2 engine to a Series 5 oil pump and could use a Series 5 oil pan with the right baffles to clear the pump and pickup. Larry
  9. LarryN

Tach Conversion: Mechanical to Electronic

I want to convert the mechanical tach in my Series II to an electronic unit, keeping the same housing. OK - I don't really want to do this, but the distributor is wearing out, I'm having zero luck getting it rebuilt, and the Flamethrower replacement won't drive my mechanical tach. The car has...
  10. LarryN

Series II Seat Tracks

Which side(s) of the seat tracks have the position adjusting levers? I suspect my S-II tracks may have been swapped at some point in its past - both seats slide back and rub on the door pillar. Not a problem on the passenger side, but it happens to be right where I like the seat for driving. (I...
  11. LarryN

Series II Charging System Questions

Thinking my battery was dying, I recently took my Alpine to the shop where the battery tested fine, but the generator and voltage regulator looked weak. I elected not to replace anything right away and started poking around in the electrical system. I wound up re-wiring the high-current circuits...