• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

Lucas 6RA 33199 relay

Lucas 6RA 33199 overdrive relay for sale on Ebay UK, rare and correct one for series V http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120568689553&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
  2. M

Holbay H120 valve springs wanted

Set of double Holbay H120 valve springs wanted
  3. M

Clutch Slave cylinder problems

I have a problem with the clutch slave cylinder. when I depress the clutch, it doesn't seem to push the clutch fork far enough to disengage properly, resulting in having to force the gears. I have a new master cylinder, new pipe and referbished slave cylinder. The slave cylinder is mounted on...
  4. M

Soft top cover question

I am about to fit a soft top cover on a series 5. It was a GT but now converted to soft top. As it was a GT, it has no pegs in the rear panel and none of the little triangler cut out on the rear seat panel I installed. Questions Does the soft top cover fit in front of (between back panel and...
  5. M

Holbay static timing

Could anyone tell me if Holbay engine static timing, points gap and plug gaps are the same as normal 1725 engine?
  6. M

photo, link or diagram showing Series V heater valve bracket

Does anyone have a photo, link or diagram showing what a Series V heater valve bracket looks like and where it fits to. I believe the water valve fits on the left side of the heater matrix output pipe, which is different to the Series IV, which fits on the right hand side Mine didn't come with one
  7. M

photo, link or diagram Series V heater valve bracket

Does anyone have a photo, link or diagram showing what a Series V heater valve bracket looks like and where it fits to. I believe the water valve fits on the left side of the heater matrix output pipe, which is different to the Series IV, which fits on the right hand side Mine didn't come with one
  8. M

series V alternator and ammeter wiring

I've checked most of the relevant previous posts regarding alternator and ammeter wiring but can't find the answers I need. I bought the car in bits, wiring removed. I have put the wiring back in, fitted a new Lucas 18 ACR alternator. I don't have a control/regulator box. I believe you don't...
  9. M

series V speedo reading wrong

I have just taken my speedo clock out of storage and noticed it's reading 34mph just sitting on the bench. How can I restore this to zero before fitting back into dash
  10. M

Pistons and piston ring help needed

It's a bit of a story but, I've recently bought an Alpine which has been off the road for about 18 years. It came as a shell with quite a bit of the bodywork done, most of the running gear attached and the rest of the car in a dozen boxes. I have stripped the whole car back down to the bare...
  11. M

cleaning aluminium parts

Does anyone know of an easy way to clean aluminium parts such as thermostat housings, petrol pumps etc, the usual small ancillaries on an engine. I'm not looking for a concourse show winning mirror finish, just a nice clean looking part without all the effort of half a dozen wire brush...
  12. M

How to identify Holbay engine

Does anyone know how to identify a Holbay engine without taking it to bits. I know that the alloy cover can easy be swapped as can fitting twin 40's, but how do you know it's a genuine Holbay?
  13. M

Alpine wanted, England

I'm looking for an Alpine. A good solid one would be nice, but I can't take on too much rust, doesn't matter too much about cosmetics. Unfinished project, barn find, untidy runner. GT/convertible. Information of one for sale. I live in the north, so would prefer northern England or Scotland but...
  14. M

Faded grey fonts

Hello, i'm new to this site, and i'd like to say it's a great site, full of information and advice. But I have a problem with the faded grey fonts used throughout the site. I have Optic Neurits, which in automobile langauge, means my wiring harness from my eyes to my brain is not up to par...