• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 1967 series V

1967 series V

New Interior
  2. 1967 series V

1967 series V

Restoration finished
  3. 1967 series V

1967 series V

Restoration finished September 2009
  4. 1967 series V

1967 series V

As bought March 2009
  5. 1967 series V

1967 series V

As bought March 2009
  6. 1967 series V

1967 series V

As bought March 2009, cleaning out 20 years of dust and grime
  7. M

Lucas 6RA 33199 relay

Lucas 6RA 33199 overdrive relay for sale on Ebay UK, rare and correct one for series V http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120568689553&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
  8. M

Holbay H120 valve springs wanted

Set of double Holbay H120 valve springs wanted
  9. M

Clutch question - help!

I had this same problem with my Alpine SV. My car have the Holbay engine fitted with the 8 1/2 inch clutch and flywheel setup but the clutch fork and pedestal are standard series V. I had the same problem as in not enough travel to allow the clutch to disengage. I just inserted a couple of...
  10. M

Series 5 Overdrive Relay

I've re-wired it now so that both relays are under the das with just the wiring coming through the bulkhead
  11. M

Series 5 Overdrive Relay

No response - I went ahead and tried it and it works great, doesn't look nice but will do till I get a Lucas unit.
  12. M

Series 5 Overdrive Relay

Has anyone tried this? does it work? is your car now a burnt out shell?
  13. M

Clutch Slave cylinder problems

Sorry i don't understand the first part of your reply, as for the clutch cover, it;s the type with the spring fingers running to the centre, if that makes any sense.
  14. M

Clutch Slave cylinder problems

I have a problem with the clutch slave cylinder. when I depress the clutch, it doesn't seem to push the clutch fork far enough to disengage properly, resulting in having to force the gears. I have a new master cylinder, new pipe and referbished slave cylinder. The slave cylinder is mounted on...
  15. M

Replacement Booster Bracket

I downloaded some instructions, according to the instructions, the unit is to be fitted at a 30 deg angle, which puts the slave cylinder inlet port facing the bottom water pump pipe area, would this be right? Mine is right hand drive
  16. M

Thanks for those photos Jim, unfortunatly I don't have any instructions either. I will do a google search for fitting instructions.
  17. M

I'm about to install a Lockeed, but it didn't come with a bracket, I have the original Girling bracket. Anyone got any photos of what it should look like fitted?
  18. M

Soft top cover question

I am about to fit a soft top cover on a series 5. It was a GT but now converted to soft top. As it was a GT, it has no pegs in the rear panel and none of the little triangler cut out on the rear seat panel I installed. Questions Does the soft top cover fit in front of (between back panel and...
  19. M

Dealing with terminology US <> UK

I'm from Tyne & Wear, well from the Wearside of the area, and the language between the Mackems (Sunderland) and Geordies (Newcastle) can be quite different. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mackem http://www.le.ac.uk/ee/glossaries/2008/geordieslang/search.html
  20. M

'B' Post trim panels

No Nick, that's not my car, I just had those photos on my computer and thought they might help. I should be starting to put my interior in next week, so i'll be looking to you for advice.