• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

X frame repair sections.

Hi, my floor looks the same. They appear factory. I am about to wire wheel so will post any apparent weld indicators if found.
  2. M

SV left side floor pans

Good day, Does anyone happen to know where to get a set of series 5, left side floor pans, preferably in North America somewhere? I have seen the Sunbeam Spares listing, just hoping for something on this side of the Atlantic. Thanks much.
  3. M

Mystery serial number

Thanks all. I did have it running driving last year, without any noticeable engine knocking or sputtering. That’s about the only thing that went smoothly. I have checked the compression on all cylinders and they are fairly consistent with some divergence on the outside two cylinders that feed...
  4. M

Mystery serial number

Thanks Don, much appreciated. Quite the interesting mishmash of an engine! Out of curiosity would you know off the top of your head if one of the Alpine Innovations Weber conversions would work with this Minx setup? As you likely noted the carbs are in rough shape.
  5. M

Mystery serial number

Your identification is fantastic, thank you for the excellent information!
  6. M

Mystery serial number

Few photos as requested. Block doesn’t match. I believe the head is aluminium.
  7. M

X frame repair sections.

I’m gonna try!
  8. M

Mystery serial number

Thanks will do. Would you happen to have any of those battery boxes left kicking around?
  9. M

X frame repair sections.

I neglected to mention that upon further inspection I’ve discovered that the floor is a disaster, so will also be getting replaced. Well disguised horrible work under layers of goop. It actually looks like the previous owner may have filled the x frame with concrete.
  10. M

Mystery serial number

I’ve been scouring the internet looking for identification info on my engine block, stamp B006017 964BH SX. It doesn’t seem to fit the pattern. Any info would be appreciated. The vehicle is a series 5 and is identifiable as such by the bonnet number. Thanks all, any info or clues are appreciated.
  11. M

X frame repair sections.

i do have one question, does anyone know if the x-frame is open from above if accessed through the floor.? I am considering cutting access holes to wire brush out, and rust treat the interior prior to welding in the repair sections
  12. M

X frame repair sections.

Well, spring has arrived and I’ve significantly improved my “fabrication” knowledge by subscribing to Velocity TV. I was fortunate enough to watch a fellow pattern out a sheet metal skin for a Pantera exhaust system. I have done the same thing with the x-frame members and have sent the patterns...
  13. M

X frame repair sections.

Yes, absolutely interested!
  14. M

X frame repair sections.

Hi there, Thank you for the photos unfortunately they look all too familiar. I was thinking that one could have each arm of the x individually fabricated, slipped over top of the existing rotten arm and then welded into place. I am a little nervous about removing the entire unit. Keeping in mind...
  15. M

X frame repair sections.

Hi there, those part numbers are from the Sunbeamcarparts.co.uk
  16. M

X frame repair sections.

I’m trying to find repair section for both arms of the x frame on a series v. Parts numbers are noted as 0022/23 and 0079/80 respectively. Does anyone have these for sale or know of anyone currently manufacturing them? Poor photo of the purple unicorn attached.
  17. M

Alpine Parts in Phoenix Area

Hi, no we will be in the air. I am in Alberta though, you may likely be the closest. Tell me more!
  18. M

Alpine Parts in Phoenix Area

I will be travelling to Phoenix and am looking for a parts store in the area for my 65 Alpine. Both mechanical and accessories, including Weber carb conversion with throttle linkage, new boot cover, and a set of Lat 70s. This is an attempt to avoid shipping charges to Canada.