• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. P

No spark frustration

I'm hoping someone has a suggestion. Hopped in the Alpine today to take it for a spin. It's been 6 weeks since I last started it. Cranked but would not start. I changed the distributer cap, coil and the points, condenser and HT lead. I reset the gap. I get 12v at the coil. I get spark across...
  2. P

Engine stalling

I have a 67 SV with the weber conversion and manifold from SS. When I bought the car a couple of years ago it had the wrong carbs and manifold and wasnt running. So I have no experience of how it ran before I put the weber on. First of all the RPMs are around 800-850 at idle via tiny tech. Any...
  3. P

No gas from fuel pump

I have a 1965 SIV with an SV engine. This car was in storage for 28 years apparently. Initially it had old gas in the fuel pump glass bowl. I removed the bowl and let that gas out. Then I removed the inlet hose, and it was bone dry. This will horrify some, but I opened the gas cap and blew...
  4. P

SV emergency brake rod available?

I have no emergency brake on my SV. I do have the lever. I need to buy the cable and fittings (readily available) but also need the solid bar/rod. I can't seem to see it available anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated!
  5. P

replace windshield seal SV with frame on car?

I've been searching for a while about how to replace the windshield seal on my 67 SV. For what I'm seeing the windshield frame has to be removed from the car to do this. However I did see one post by greenbean where he says that he managed to remove the windshield and rubber seal and replace...
  6. P

Right side front lights not working

I have read many threads. The go to answer is that " it's always the ground" So I have a working right front turn signal but the side light and headlight are both dead. When I first got the car the light switch would sometimes turn on both sides. Sometimes not. Now it doesnt fire the right...
  7. P

three 3 point seat belt installation

Amongst the many other things that I need to get done on the SV 3 point seat belts are high on the list. One thing I have noticed is that there are no real images on the web of 3 point seat belts installed. (Well there are some but the mounting points are never fully shown as far as I can see...
  8. P

No bolts in gearbox rear mounting assembly. Leaks.

A mechanic doing brake work on my 67 SV non OD had it up on the lift. The bolts are missing from the gearbox rear mounting assembly and oil is leaking behind it. Any thoughts / advice?
  9. P

Alternative wheels SV. Let's see them.

I have a 67 SV with ET 5 slots wheels. I'm interested in what anyone has tried that works other than the minilite/ panasport usual. And by work I mean look good. Post your pictures! There must be some options out there that work.