• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Right side front lights not working

Paul67

Gold Level Sponsor
I have read many threads. The go to answer is that " it's always the ground"

So I have a working right front turn signal but the side light and headlight are both dead.

When I first got the car the light switch would sometimes turn on both sides. Sometimes not. Now it doesnt fire the right front headlight or sidelights. Like I said the turn signal does work though.

So given that is it likely a bad switch perhaps?

I did give it a squirt with dexoit but no joy.

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
I'm thinking not the switch if the left side is working ok. Grounding is always suspect, but the indicator/side light assembly and the headlight get their grounding different ways. How about at the bullet connections where the wiring harness meets the front lighting harness above the right fender well?

Rick

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yep, Rick is on the right path. The signal/parking lamps ground to the fender through the screws. They can be quite
finicky and take a while to put right. Your housing probably has corrosion. Of course checking the connections
is a good place to start.

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Can't be the switch, a bad switch would make both left and right not work
Does the high beam work? if so it looks like a bad lamp, or possibly a bad connection on the Low beam wire to that headlight.
If neither high nor low beam works, most likely a bad headlight ground
If the turn signal light works, then the housing is well grounded. but the side lamp socket may be corroded, or the lamp burned out.

Tom

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Here is a suggestion. It helped me immensely. Make photocopies of the wiring diagram. Use a highlighter, and on one of the copies, highlight out the front lights with one color. Highlight out the turn signals with another color. Then take another photocopy, and do the ignition, alternator and starter. Etc. Once you do that, it really pops in the mind. AND you will be able to figure out where things can or can't impact other parts.

Paul67

Gold Level Sponsor
I tried cleaning the bullet connectors. Then worked on the hood rest bolt . Then hit the switch with more deoxit. Then ran some wire from the bullet ground to a ground other that the hood rest. Still no joy. Bulbs are good, at least in the side lights.

So the switch feeds both sides regardless?
So not switch.

I have all lights working except right front headlight and side lights.

Is there anything under the dash? In other words is there a posible known issue between the switch and were the wires exit under the hood perhaps?

I'm stumped.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I'm suggesting going back to the suggestion of getting the wiring diagram out, turn on the light switch, and use a multimeter to check if you have 12V at every junction from the first wire at the fuse box to the switch to the lamp, etc. At some point you won't have 12V and you will know where you are having a problem.