• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. john.hemsath

So what do you get for becoming a Diamond member?

Badge and key rings arrived yesterday WOO HOO. Looks great! Thanks! Happy Holidays everyone.
  2. john.hemsath

Last chance to support your club and get a calendar, decal, magnets, etc

I was told I needed to wait until my renewal date which is later this month. Can I renew now so I don't lose out?
  3. john.hemsath

So what do you get for becoming a Diamond member?

Can we/I sign up now as a diamond for 2022 to get cool stuff (ie the badge) or must we wait for the reminders that go out?
  4. john.hemsath

SAOCA Rootes Archive Centre Trust Matching Donation, with a special incentive!

I'm in for $25, check on its way today or tomorrow It's ok to share my name and email address with the Centre. Thanks! john.hemsath
  5. john.hemsath

Series 2

Listing has been pulled by author....
  6. john.hemsath

Veteran's Day

OORAH Thanks Barry, and thanks to all our club members who served!
  7. john.hemsath

2020 calendar

I have to echo everyone's comments Gregger, thank you for the explanation of what's involved putting together the calendar. More importantly, that you for all your efforts doing so. I understand much better why my submissions were inferior to what's needed as I've always used my smart phone (my...
  8. john.hemsath

2020 calendar

I'm surprised to hear not enough pictures of Alpines were received in years past as I've submitted photos of my SV every year since I acquired it but it's never made the pages of the calendar. I've not been told the resolution of the pictures sent was too low, so perhaps that was the reason it...
  9. john.hemsath

Sunbeam Alpine & Tiger: Installing a hood (Bonnet) release safety wire.

The Benjamin Franklin axiom that “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” is as true today as it was when Franklin made the quote. Although many use the quote when referring to health, Franklin actually was addressing fire safety. I think I'm going to get right on hooking up a wire to...
  10. john.hemsath

SV Battery

I had to replace my "+" cable shortly after purchasing my SV because the existing cable arced at the hole leaving the battery storage area. The grommet for that hole was missing so the cable rubbed against raw metal until the wire was exposed. During the arcing, the cable insulation caught...
  11. john.hemsath

how to remove series 2 gas tank

Cost My bill was $225 I think for the two tanks and all connecting tubes sand blasted in and out/coated and baked with the polyurethane material. Exteriors of everything were painted black for me also. About 2" of each end of the connecting tubes had to be sanded in order to slip the...
  12. john.hemsath

how to remove series 2 gas tank

Lead I had one of the authorized shops in Stockton CA do the tanks of my SV. You might want to check them out. gastankrenu.com Very reasonable price and a lifetime warranty was included. If there aren't any shops near where you live you can ship tanks to them as I recall. Cheers, John
  13. john.hemsath

Anybody live near the Fires in Calif....?

Pray for rain I live about 50 miles SE of Fairfield and have spent a fair amount of time in the Napa area having friends and relatives who live in Marin and Sonoma counties. I heard on the news the fire was moving along at the rate of 100 feet per second on Sunday night when the winds were...
  14. john.hemsath

Grinding noise - front wheel bearings perhaps?

I just started hearing grinding noises (like worn out brake pads on a caliper which mine aren't btw) in my SV when backing up and the wheels are turned all the way to the left. The noise doesn't happen with the tires turned all the way to the right. I also wasn't able to repeat the noise...
  15. john.hemsath

Paul Scofield RIP

In Paul's honor I, like 65sunbeam, will take a spin in my Alpine in honor or Paul. Never met the man, but enjoyed reading and appreciated his posts on the forum. Scott, please pass along my condolences to his family. Regards, John Hemsath
  16. john.hemsath

Oil drain plug washer

Just ordered a few oil drain plug washers from SS in Campbell Ca. It's not obvious which side of the washer faces the pan as the two sides are very different looking (see attached). Any advice for this "newer" Series V owner will be welcomed. Happy motoring...!
  17. john.hemsath

West Coast Invasion: LOOK!

I hope everyone has a trouble free journey to Cambria and I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the gathering! Still #bumbedout I had to bail this year. John 67 Series V
  18. john.hemsath

Series V Battery Box

Grommets You definitely want to grommet the holes the battery cable passes thru as I learned all too well a year or so ago. (There are 3 places the cable passes thru the body.) While on a test drive, the cable passing thru the hole in the battery box got stripped of its insulation...
  19. john.hemsath

California Car Cover Co.

A shout out to TIGER owners. CCCC put you on the cover of their Fall 2016 issue! Sorry for the graininess but this site has file size limits.