• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

The Journey Begins - Series I V6 Restomod

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have no idea although in theory, you could run the thing completely upside down…probably better question to ask someone at Holley

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Don, the MGB guys have been doing it with the smaller Autolite and Rochester configuration Sniper models. I had a picture on this site somewhere, I'll try to find it.

Last edited:

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Don the MGB guys have been dong it with the smaller Autolite and Rochester configuration Sniper models. I had a picture on this site somewhere, I'll try to find it.

Thanks, Jim.

That's certainly an intriguing possibility. I don't think I realized those pics had the TBI mounted as side draft.

Have fun,

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
All I've heard was no more stinky exhaust, faster starting, crisper throttle response. Mileage about the same, maybe slightly better. I haven't seen any dyno reports.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have chosen to start out using a carburetor on my alger, but I could see adding fuel injection some time down the road. The benefits I see from FI on my boat are really great.

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
A modest progress report…my upholstery guy has gotten started…first thing out is the dash pad so I can get the windshield and dash installed. I’m not a fan of the looks of the out of the box dash pad that is currently available so we decided to kick things up a notch and add a leather wrap to match the forthcoming interior design.

Attachments

• IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    859.3 KB · Views: 37

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
A modest progress report…my upholstery guy has gotten started…first thing out is the dash pad so I can get the windshield and dash installed. I’m not a fan of the looks of the out of the box dash pad that is currently available so we decided to kick things up a notch and add a leather wrap to match the forthcoming interior design.
The dash pads available are crap (in my book) they are formed hard foam? one I bought was so out of shape i couldn't. even cover as you're doing.
will just make my own at some point.

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
Milestone day…engine compartment complete, fluids loaded, and wheels on…next up is a bit of electrical testing (to make sure the smoke doesn’t come out) and we’ll be ready to fire it up to see how the EFI works and then on the upholstery shop.

Attachments

• IMG_0319.jpeg
    IMG_0319.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0320.jpeg
    IMG_0320.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0321.jpeg
    IMG_0321.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 55

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Very nice! I like it all........... Sure want to hear the final EFI in operation...it should be an excellent improvement for our V6 Alpines

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
Another good day…dash is in (preliminarily) so we can fire it up and take it to the upholstery shop…amazingly, all the electrical functions more or less work…just a few minor tweaks…Hi/Lo beams wired backwards and and a couple other minor things like that. Tomorrow is the big day…start the engine for the first time in the car.

Attachments

• IMG_0327.jpeg
    IMG_0327.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
All right, after countless phone calls with DanR, pulling the engine in and out at least 4 times, modifying the engine mount brackets and then modifying a second set of brackets the engine is now in place…or at least as close as it’s going to get. The final location is going to be too close to the radiator for a radiator fan on the engine side…fingers crossed that the two electric pushers will blow enough wind to keep things cool. Once the engine was finally in I learned how much fun it is to install the headers…my hat is off to you guys that do all this stuff without a lift…
I use two electric puller fans on my V6 and have excellent cooling, even with AC running.

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
It’s been too long since I’ve been able to post any progress reports…this just shows that my upholstery guy has finally gotten started….

Attachments

• IMG_0733.jpeg
    IMG_0733.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45