• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by PaulK

1. P

Now I'm in for it.

Love your interior.
  2. P

They tell me no question is a dumb question!

Mike, Thanks for your assistance. Paul
  3. P

SV Interior from SS Installation

Well Mike I guess my 78 year old eyes were playing tricks on me, after you point that out mine is split as you stated. You are the greatest. One more question, if I may. What direction does the big nut on the front of the crankshaft turn to loosen.
  4. P

They tell me no question is a dumb question!

Front Nut on crankshaft, Righty Tighty or Righty Loosey? Most nuts on a rotating shaft Tighten in the direction of shaft rotation, But with the 1725 genetics I figure anything goes. Sorry to all our British friends. Paul K
  5. P

New ALPINE IV, V & TIGER Rear View Mirror

Rich, I am in need of a center mirror. And would like to purchase yours. Sent a PM to you.
  6. P

Mike, your photo gallery is a fantastic resource for the what’s, where and how a Sunbeam is put together and where things go. I ran across your collection of photos and had found the picture of the curtain with the metal strip in the hem and the one showing it riveted to the flange in the trunk...
  7. P

New ALPINE IV, V & TIGER Rear View Mirror

Do you still have the mirror? Paul k
  8. P

First let me introduce myself with some background information. My 67 SV was purchased by me in approximately 1989, yep that was eons ago. The car had been owned by a guy in Minneapolis MN and later was moved to Kansas, therefore was a salt victim. The interior was also a victim of neglect and...
  9. P

CD Stromberg T piece

I am just finishing up my Very long restoration of my 67 SV, and when I purchased it eons ago it had a T hanging below the inlets to the CD 150’s with fuel hoses going to each. After reading all the conversations here and other post’s on the topic I decided to go with the the compression T as...
  10. P

looking for dovetail door receiver rhs

I purchased new units from Sunbeam Specialty a while back, appears they still have some.
  11. P

Separating Brake Calipers

Talk about timing, tomorrow I plan to rebuild my front calipers on my 67 SV. These calipers have been off the car for 25 years, but the restoration is moving along very well and hopefully I will be able to drive it by the end of April. Can’t wait. Paul
  12. P

SV rear brake cylinder installation tips? Manual adjustment.

Mike, you are absolutely correct. This has been a very long project with several years between working on it, axel assembly was installed quite a while back and I am now back at the project. I hope that this time I finish it in the next 3 months. Paul k
  13. P

Tim, I found the video you mentioned, the horseshoe’s on my SV are different than the ones in the video. My setup has an upper and a lower horseshoe with a spring that lays over som recesses in the horseshoes and then underneath a tab on each horseshoe. My son came by and put them in for me...
  14. P

I am having a difficult time installing new rear brake cylinders on my SV and wondering what the secret is. It appears that I can place the horse shoe clip on the retainer spring and place this over the inboard portion of the cylinder where it goes through the plate, fighting the lower clip to...
  15. P

Oil Pressure Gage line hookup to engine?

Thanks Mike, Looks like I am missing the steel tube, Item # 244. I will look through my remaining parts, it should be there. Paul