• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by empireweld

1. empireweld

Starting my 66

When I make cnc parts I always try to make a setup part. All the mistakes are on setup part. I have to flip it cut a cavity and oring groove. The bottom flange will allow the water log to go to either side of the motor. I am looking at turbo or supercharged and won't know which side is best till...
  2. empireweld

Starting my 66

I got one side of a prototype for the water outlet.
  3. empireweld

Starting my 66

Can someone tell me how to remove this grill, I don't want to damage it.
  4. empireweld

Zetec!

I posted a link to the pics of the front and back of the bellhousing that I chopped. From the trans side pic you can see a zone of about 130 degrees without a mounting flange or bolt holes. I plan to weld a ring segment into place then machine it and add some holes for mounting the adapter for...
  5. empireweld

Starting my 66

I am also looking at a mazda trans from a miata.
  6. empireweld

Zetec!

It is short by about 1.75 inches, so I plan to make an adapter for mockup. I think it might be beyond most without welding and machining capabilities.
  7. empireweld

Starting my 66

I've been searching for a type 9 out of a merkur but they are kinda rare here. The t5's are easy, the one I got cost $200.
  8. empireweld

Zetec!

I carved up a zetec bellhousing to use use for a mockup. http://www.flickr.com/photos/8081559@N08/7565555968/in/photostream/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/8081559@N08/7565554882/in/photostream/
  9. empireweld

Starting my 66

Well I've been looking for a t9 and having no luck, so I found a T5 out of turbocharged tbird. I got a zetec bellhousing from an auto and pulled all dimensions. I cut up the bellhousing so I can make an adapter to do the mockup. I think I will cast a complete new bellhousing after I get the...
  10. empireweld

Zetec!

I took some more pics. When I get a chance to dangle the motor in the car I'll know more. If the stater can be used in the stock location I will carve up a zetec bellhousing and weld it into the pinto. I am going to hunt down a t9 later in the week...
  11. empireweld

Starting my 66

I got some pics of my floor pans and area near battery box. Pics wouldn't load http://www.flickr.com/photos/8081559@N08/sets/72157630380865480/
  12. empireweld

Zetec!

That is my understanding, that a type 9 or a rocket 4 speed. As to the starter it is setup to mount lower. I will take more pics in the am. I do not how that will work. I don't have a cherry picker, and I need to shuffle the shop to get my gantry crane or forklift near the Alpine.
  13. empireweld

Zetec!

I picked up a pinto bellhousing for my zetec, here is a pic. Dowel sleeves line up and the top 5 bolts.
  14. empireweld

Starting my 66

I have found a few bellhousings for t5 and t9. One i found allows mounting of starter on either side.
  15. empireweld

Starting my 66

I have started disassembly of my 66 alpine. I picked up a zetec 2.0l from a wrecked 2002 focus on half price weekend at the local pick a part. I have a few questions for the group. What is the shelf area behind the seats called? Are there any domestic sources for floor pans? Are...