• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Starting my 66

socorob

Donation Time
What year miata trans do you have? I would be very interested in those if its out of a late miata with the 2.0 mzr engine. I emailed an ebay seller about length and he was nice enough to tell me the 6 speed is about 28.5" from the front of the bell to the middle of the shifter. I eyeballed the measurement on my T5 last night, and it looked pretty close. Now that was kind of late and had the tape measure over the windshield trying to eyeball it, so it may be more off than i think. Does anyone have a t5 with the mutt2 bellhousing out of the car and can measure overall length from front of bell to very rear, and from front of bell to middle of shift handle?

socorob

Donation Time
Yes the bellhousing is completely integrated, that's what makes it good for a duratec. It bolts right up apparently. Quads4rods bellhousing for a t5 is over $600. If you look around you can sometimes find the 6 speed for slightly more. The 5 speed for the same price. Don't know how the 5 or 6 speed will fit into the tunnel though.

empireweld

Donation Time
Can someone tell me how to remove this grill, I don't want to damage it.

Attachments

• vent.jpg
    vent.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 12

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
These vents are fitted w/ studs on each end that fit into a hole under some pressure. So I removed mine using a taped screw driver and prying upward to lift out.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I got one side of a prototype for the water outlet.

One side of one outlet? How many sides does this thing have? Looks like two pieces of the same part that are asymemetrical so they cannot be assembled back to back and counterbored so they cannot be stacked.

Hurry up, the suspense is killing me!

Bill

empireweld

Donation Time
When I make cnc parts I always try to make a setup part. All the mistakes are on setup part. I have to flip it cut a cavity and oring groove. The bottom flange will allow the water log to go to either side of the motor. I am looking at turbo or supercharged and won't know which side is best till I get the motor in the car.