• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by AndreaG

1. A

Rear brakes

I bought wheel cylinders and brake lines from VB. The wheel cylinders appear to receive double flare, while the brake lines look like metric (red fitting) bubble flares. Left me scratching my head, I can only guess the brake lines are figuring on stock restoration/original wheel...
  2. A

Rebuilt engine fire up

By the way, once I figured out some ignition wiring issues, she fired right up and is running very nicely. Another Alpine lives again. Now its off for body work and paint! :D
  3. A

Rebuilt engine fire up

Thanks for the compliment! This is just for fire up... I plan on eventually adding a control switch for the heater hose and if vapor lock becomes an issue I'll make a new fuel line.
  4. A

Rebuilt engine fire up

I reread the replies. It sounds like 10w30 racing oil is what I need. I knew I could find my answers here. Thanks
  5. A

Rebuilt engine fire up

Thanks for all the advice. Oh I forgot to add... Before the machine shop gave it to me, we filled it with oil and cranked it until oil was fully circulated. Mind you this was 2 years ago, but we have been diligent about turning the engine regularly. I plan on draining the oil and refilling...
  6. A

Rebuilt engine fire up

Ok, so its been a long time coming but I am going through the final checklist for the first fire up of a newly rebuilt engine. I think we've done everything we can to get this engine 100%. Engine was bored .030 over and everything that could be new, is new. I have rewired the car with a EZ...
  7. A

1968 Alpine

This car is 5 minutes from our house. Don't know if it's sold yet, but we've got photos. If you're interested in seeing the pictures, let me know.
  8. A

Valve Springs

I called them & they had the springs. Thanks, Phil
  9. A

Valve Springs

Mike, Both of those catalogs list valve springs as not available. The only place I could find was one in the UK called sunbeam supreme but I have been unable to contact them. -Phil
  10. A

Valve Springs

Hey guys, I tried searching on the forums a few times but couldnt find this. My machinist is in the midst of an engine rebuild ('67 alpine, 1725cc engine) and is having trouble locating valve springs. Anyone know of a supplier of valve springs for the series V 1725cc? If not, I know...
  11. A

Inner rocker picture request

Help? Are you kidding me? It doesnt get any better than that. Thanks guys... I'll be sure to post again if I need more help Thanks again.
  12. A

Here is a link to the picture.
  13. A

Thank you for both of your help & bearing with me. As you can tell, I am basically working from nothing. I only have the outer rockers and the rest is long gone. Looking at the pics and reading Mike Philips description, I came up with this simple layout in profile - does this seem fairly correct?
  14. A

Thanks a bunch Tullamore. I saved them in my reference pic folder. So it looks like the middle one attaches to the outer one (at the bottom) The innermost panel doesnt appear to do anything structural at the bottom, but is it the actual surface that the e-brake lever attaches to?
  15. A

So there are three then? Ok yea. The middle one must be gone too. I just figured it was two panels (inner & outer) which were pinch welded at the bottom. I will take some pics to show what I am working with. I would love to have some pics to go by to make it proper.