• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by 65series4

1. 6

1965 Sunbeam Alpine Series 4 Sale or Trade

I have lowered the price to $7,000 or best or trade. Cheers Mike
  2. 6

1965 Sunbeam Alpine Series 4 Sale or Trade

1965 Sunbeam Alpine Series 4 "SOLD" Car is SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sporty and economical 1965 Sunbeam Alpine Series 4 for sale or trade. Complete all original car in nice driver condition. Has original 1592 CC engine and 4 speed trans. Runs great. Good chrome. Interior is all redone except...
  3. 6

1965 Alpine Series 4 for Sale

1965 Sunbeam Alpine Series 4. Complete original car in nice driver condition. Has original 1592 CC engine and 4 speed trans. Runs great. Good chrome. Interior is all redone except for dash pad. Paint is original, so it could use a new paint job or keep as is for driver. Has the following brand...
  4. 6

Series IV in Monterey

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1436675775.html
  5. 6

Gear Shift Rattle

My gear shift rattles when driving unless I keep my hand on it. Is there a quick fix for this? I think in my old Austin Healey days, I just used to put some more grease on it, but that was 35 years ago and my memorey ain't what it used to be. Perhaps i replace the spring, but I just can't...
  6. 6

Looking for Distributor Rebuilder

Does anyone know of a good shop that reconditions/rebuilds Lucas distributors? Mine has a lot of backlash and is not advancing properly, so I am looking to get it refurbished. I finished installing the Weber carb this morning and it sure has a lot more power. Cheers Mike
  7. 6

Weber linkage

My linkage is on a series 4 replacing the Solex carb. The linkage looks like it will work but the bend needs to face a different direction. I could heat and re-bend, or cut it and use a coupler to change the direction of the bend. On some of the pictures I have seen, the fitting on the carb...
  8. 6

Weber linkage

Does anyone have any pictures or diagrams of ways to adapt stock throttle linkage to a Weber carb?
  9. 6

Need Copy of Weber Linkage Instructions

Does anyone have a copy of the Weber conversion linkage instructions that comes with the kit from Sunbeam Specialties? The Weber bolted right on my old manifold and everything hooked up easily. The only thing left is the throttle linkage. I have seen one picture of a way to do it bu it was...
  10. 6

Series V for sale

Can you give a bit more info on mechanical condition. Also rust is very hard to see in pictures. Is there any rust on the car? Does all the guages and electrics work. Does it have an OD trans? Option? A bit of a clue on price would help. Cheers Mike
  11. 6

Clutch Slave cylinder problems

I am no expert on Alpine mods for sure, but I did quite a few on Austin Healeys and MG's. If you manually try to move the clutch arm, is there any play before it gets too tight to move by hand? If so, the pushrod might be too short. That would be a simple fix of welding on an extention to the...
  12. 6

Monterey Car Week Starts this Monday

Todd I am sorry we did not hook up. I was driving cars until 10:00 and then left for home as I was wiped out. I see you made it to the concours. I went by htere on saturday and was stuck in traffic by the lodge for an hour. I am just glad my Cobra did not over heat. The had a lot of Spyker...
  13. 6

WTB: Heater Valve W/Mount and Firewall Tube

Wanted: Series 4-5 heater valve with mount and tube that goes thrugh firewall that bolts to valve. Also looking for late series 4 or series 5 heater control with the black plastic knob. Basically evrything needed to add the heater control to a car that did not come with it. I already have the...
  14. 6

Sunbeam Talbot Question

I know this is the Alpine forum, but I was not sure exactly where to ask this. There is a 1954 Talbot hardtop for sale and it looks to be in fair driver condition. What is the going price for a driver condition 55' Talbot these days? Just a ballpark range would give me some idea if i can...