• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

65beam

Donation Time
I'm glad Ohio could care less. I seem to remember a few areas that do have the vapor recovery nozzle but they're like hens teeth. If you look at many of the C stores you'll see vent pipes for the under ground tanks coming out of the ground. Recovery nozzles wouldn't be much help. We have no inspections such as mechanical or emissions, Easy state for car owners and gas is cheap and easy to pump. The local price for 87 is $1.27 / gal .

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I'm glad Ohio could care less. I seem to remember a few areas that do have the vapor recovery nozzle but they're like hens teeth. If you look at many of the C stores you'll see vent pipes for the under ground tanks coming out of the ground. Recovery nozzles wouldn't be much help. We have no inspections such as mechanical or emissions, Easy state for car owners and gas is cheap and easy to pump. The local price for 87 is $1.27 / gal .

I hear ya.
Those days in Cali are long gone so we must deal with it. The price you pay for outstanding weather and four distinct seasons. My motor requires 91 octane, today it is around $2.65 a gallon. Currently looking into some forced induction to get more power out of it.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
That's a divot repair tool for golf!

Looks to be to wide to be a divot tool? .... I've seen a guy use something similar on his bike to pump fuel .. I never had a problem with filling any of my bikes or cars with Cali's fuel/vapor recovery pumps ..... you do have to pull the rubber and spring system back far enough and stand there while pumping. I'm sure a sharp bend in the fuel entry could complicate auto fill ups though.
last week 89 octane in greater L.A. was $3.29, now $2.79 .... but still heading south
....... David

Last edited:

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I thought he was joking about a divot tool, still funny. I could stand there and hold the boot back, but at over 25 gallons per fill just not going to do that. Gas keeps going in the right direction. Today 91 Octane is $2.59 WoooooHoooo according to Gasbuddy™

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I am doing the happy dance!
Personalized plates that I ordered in January have arrived at the local DMV, since they are closed the clerk will put them in the mail to me!!!!! Sooner than I expected, no waiting in a long line. Happy Happy Happy
Black plates with gold letters, just like they had in 1968

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Judge Judy? Really? I guess that is better than Maury Povich. :) You will have to let us know when the episode is being aired.
No postcard from the show yet, I hate her. She actually sent me a 1099 for the money about the fence so now I have to show it as income!

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Jay your car looks great, you just need to get black plates :D
IMG_2947-M.jpg
Yes Jay, I got mine today!Black Plates.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Pretty happy with the new sound of the exhaust, just want to address the drone during freeway cruising. It is not bad by any means, but my ears are sensitive to sounds "Tinitus" thanks to 24Hour Fitness. I am going to make a "Helmholtz Resonator". Others have had good success with it in many applications. Since my exhaust is made of Stainless Steel all the components will have to be made using the same material. Here is what it looks like.....

drone eliminator.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Glad I stopped by my metal supply house today as they will be going on vacation very soon. was able to get the pieces needed for the Helmholtz Resonator.SS tube.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
A little progress today on the Helmholtz, cut the cap off the pipe and fit it into the hole I drilled on the side of the unit. The caps were tight welded yesterday. Now the exhaust system is being welded up for good, all I did was tack it in place and it needs to be stainless steel welding. Ha! just got a text, the welder is DONE!
Going to pick it up now.20200424_125515.jpg20200424_130009.jpg20200424_125533.jpg20200424_125618.jpg