• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I will be installing this ICV just ahead of the main tank so the fuel does not slosh back to the saddle tanks on acceleration. It is made to fit 1-1/2" inlet which is perfect. Tried to install it yesterday but still had too much gas in the car.
ICV.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Went to Alice's Restaurant in Woodisde, CA. to burn some fuel and give the car another shakedown.

Attachments

• Alice Restaurant.jpg
    Alice Restaurant.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 48

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
This car is AMAZING, I have raced 914 Porsches on tracks and this beast has twice the power and a better ride. I could drive it everyday. No problems at all, just a couple of squeaks I need to chase down.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Well, looks like the show will not be until September. Just gives me more time to get other things done on the car and enjoy it some more. I hope you guys can make the September 27th date.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
It seems the later model front turn signal housings are very pricey. So I am going to utilize something similar to the earlier models using amber LED lights for the running lights and a standard 1157A bulbs for the turning indicators. The lenses will be clear.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for the link.
If this route doesn't work I might give those a try, had something similar to those but were made in the "far east" which left a bad impression.

venice532

Donation Time
Thanks for the link.
If this route doesn't work I might give those a try, had something similar to those but were made in the "far east" which left a bad impression.

I have a couple of crappy turn signal housings you can have for whatever it costs to mail them. They are probably too pitted to be rechromed but they could be painted maybe. Let me know if you want pictures. Bob

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I think they will fit in the buckets, would only be concerned if you were trying to install LED bulbs with fans.