• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
The ones currently on the car are not bright enough and because of the fact they are LED's the flasher triggers too fast which compounds the problem.'
Here is what I have so far for the modified housings.

Turn signal housing front.jpg Turn signal back.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I was able to install the Internal Check Valve in the fuel pipe ahead of the main tank. First fill up at the gas station 25.5 Gallons! That will be almost 700 miles between fillings. I like it!

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I am happy with the new exhaust look and sound. It is throaty when you hit the power and mellow the rest of the time.Highway 101.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Bill.
Can anybody shed some light on gas pumps cutting off on the series V type of fuel filler neck?
Have to figure out a way to correct this.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
It all seems to depend on nozzle penetration depth, nozzle location and angle. Maybe a couple of additional variables. I find it very difficult to get consistent fills.
Bill

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
It all seems to depend on nozzle penetration depth, nozzle location and angle. Maybe a couple of additional variables. I find it very difficult to get consistent fills.
Bill

You are correct, the angle is half the problem. The other issue is the seal around the filler won't seal tight and either cause a spill or constant clicking of the nozzle.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Different areas of the country have different requirements around fuel pump nozzles. Probably something related to the California pumps and their vapor recovery design. In Delaware, I can pump into fuel cans without making any contact between the nozzle and the can. The nozzle only shuts off when the back pressure exceeds some amount.

Mike

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Mike,
Yes, the vapor recovery "boot" does not seal well with my modification. Not sure if all series V have the same problem in California or just me. If others have the same problem, is there an adaptor that can be used to get past the sharp downward angle from the fill pipe to the tank?

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I realized that motorcycles have a similar problem during fuel fills and came across this "Key" that locks the boot back out of the way to prevent premature shut off. I will make one out of aluminum or plastic to see how it works.

gas station key.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Anyone here have a Triumph, Norton, Royal Enfield Bullet, BSA, Vincent Black Shadow, Velocette Viper, Matchless Silver Hawk, Ariel 350 W/NG, Triumph Trident or Norton Manx have issues filling the gas tank?