• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

South Carolina SOS

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Thanx Todd,
Now that I see this in writing I remembered it. I copied and pasted it to an email and sent it to myself and the wife. Won't forget the next time. Ha Ha

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Down to one last week to pre-register. We now have twice as many Sunbeams pre-registered as we had last year! We will have a great SOS and look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Sam, Yes, we did! You are now pre-registered!! We are going to have a good crowd of Sunbeams! We are keeping pace with rubber bumper MGB's right now and that is remarkable!

OK GUYS AND GALS, WE HAVE TILL THE 15TH TO GET PRE-REGISTERED BUT AT THIS STAGE IT ONLY GETS YOU A FREE T-SHIRT. WE HAVE ENOUGH PRE-REGISTERED TO HAVE SEPARATE CLASSES FOR THE TIGERS AND THE ALPINES. IT WOUDL BE A PLEASANT SURPRISE TO SEE MORE SHOW UP FOR THIS SOS EVENT/ BRITISH CAR SHOW.

SCOTT AND IAN, ARE YA'LL COMING? JIM E.???? WHERE ARE YOU??
JOHN W. WHERE ARE YOU??? HOW ABOUT THE ATLANTA GUYS???????

I CANNOT PROMOTE THIS ANY HARDER THAN I HAVE BEEN DOING!

CHEERS,

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Todd:

Can't seem to get the links below to work. Went to your company website and found them under the featured links, but they don't work from there either? Right when you think you can't work any harder...

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yep, it appears if something is worth having it is surely worth working for! Let's try this. Go to www.bccmc.com and then to cbcIII page scroll down and click on the registration link. It worked for me just now and should get us through until I can figure out why the other link will not work.

Cheers.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Well, geez, maybe it's me, can't to seem to find the link. Some interesting reading. The local british car club is restoring an MGB and auctioning it for charity in 2010. I think I might join.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey John, We would love to have you in the club. We are going to raffle off an MGB at the 2010 Carolina British Classics and we should have it on display at this years show. But that is not the only MGB on display this year. The University of South Carolina is building and all electric MGB that will run off of capacitors and we hope to have it on display too.

Go back to the club's web site an go to the CBC III page and scroll halfway down you will see the link for registration. It's there!

Cheers,

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Just booked a room for Ian and myself and will send in the registration form tomorrow.

One more Alpine (Series 3) is now on the way.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Scott, That is great news! I am restoring a Series 3 and cannot wait to see yours! From the pictures I have seen of your car it appears to be the example we all shoot for! Shoot me an eamil at alpine1963@aol.com and I'll get you my cell in case you need it while you and Ian travel.

OK guys and gals, August 15th is the last day to have your registration postmarked for the free t-shirt. Nothing is stopping you from showing up without being pre-registered.

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
We got two more registrations in today. We should have a great turn-out of Sunbeams for this event. Don't miss out! It's not too late to decide to come. In the all British Car Show on Saturday, we will have a class for Alpines and a class for Tigers. Scott, your registration is in. We'll see you and Ian on the 11th of September.

Remember the SOS starts at 3:30 pm on the 11th of September at the Hampton Inn (Vista location) downtown Columbia, SC. We will travel to Lake Murray from there at 3:30 for a photo shoot and a picnic, then off for ice cream, then back to the motel for the hospitality party - drink beer tell stories and then off to bed for rest for a full day on Saturday. Car show early Saturday through 4:00 ish then off to Eric's house, then off for BBQ.

The invasion planning meeting will be either at the picnic or the motel on Sunday morning.

Cheers,

coolcat

Donation Time
Save Me A Beer

Coolcat Will be arriving at the host hotel around 10:30 PM Fri. I will be driving Delta Airlines to get there.
Question, do I need to register to attend this event without a Sunbeam? Regards Ed

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Ed!! Glad to hear you will be with us. No charge for you and I will buy your first beer too. I am looking forward to hearing more of your WWII Glider pilot stories and hope some others get to hear them as well. Eric

65beam

Donation Time
sos

i hope he doesn't try to park that delta in the hampton lot. it probably won't have any frozen water for him to land on. see you there ed.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Glad to hear you are coming Ed! It would be nice for us to come up with an Alpine for you to drive while you visit! He will need a ride Saturday morning to the show and the rest of the day. How about an Alpine picking him up at the airport? Sure would be a lot more fun than Enterprise rent-a-wreck. Since he is getting in so late we may have to continue the party after the hospitality room over at The Wild Hare until he can join us.

Cheers,

coolcat

Donation Time
Save Me A Beer

Thanks guys- I have rented and paid for a car. So there will be no need for anyone to pick me up. I will just turn on my TOM TOM and it should guide me to the host hotel. Regards Ed
P.S. Mabye I should just set my TOM TOM for The Wild Bunny and meet the beer drinkers there. Please send me the address of the Wild Hare. Ed

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Ed,
The Wild "Bunny" Hare is right beside the host motel. As you enter the parking lot for the Hampton Inn the Wild Hare will be right there.

We all look forward to seeing you.
Cheers,

Jim E

Donation Time
Guess I better tag Vader... being the event is maybe 5 minutes from my house.

Scott and Ian glad to hear you fellows are coming will be nice to see you.

I have space for a tow rig or two at my house if anyone wants to avoid the down town deal and still be close to thier rig.

Steve K. you coming got a spare bedroom you can use if you want.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Guys and Gals, We are less than three weeks away from putting a bunch of SUNBEAMS together. If you can be there on Friday for our SOS kick-off you will get the full weekend out of this event. Try to be at The Hampton Inn at 3:00PM on Friday, Sept 11 so we can all convoy out to the lake together for photos and a picnic. We have funbeamers coming from Alabama, Ohio , Georgia, Florida and North Carolina to joinup with us South Carolina guys. The more the merrier!!!!
The tentative schedule is as follows:

Tentative schedule for the SOS
Dates for event September 11th - 13th, 2009
Location is Columbia, South Carolina
Host Motel is The Hampton Inn - Vista Location
Web Site for Motel:
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/g...11/index.jhtml
Registration Form for car show on Saturday:
http://www.capitalfinancialpartners....gistration.pdf

Tentative agenda:

September 11th, 2009
Meet at the Hampton Inn - Vista location at 3:00pm
At 3:30 PM Leave the Hampton Inn in a Sunbeam convoy to Lake Murray drive across the Saluda Shoals dam (Lake Murray dam) Then into the park area around 4:00pm.
At 4:00pm we will have a professional photo shoot with the lake in the background. To have you and your car in the photo shoot is $10.00 per car.
At 4:30 PM we leave the photo area and go 500 feet to the cookout shelter.
From 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM we will have our cookout, parts swap and meeting on the planning of Invasion 2010.
At 6:00 PM we will convoy about 8 miles to a local deli for our Ice Cream dessert.
At 7:00 PM we will drive back to the Hampton Inn - Vista for the hospitality party that runs till 10:00 PM

On September 12th, 2009
The group will enjoy the all British car show - Carolina British Classics III at Weston Lake till 4:00 PM.
Registration for the show starts at 8:30 AM through 12:00 noon.
At 4:30 PM we will convoy to a BBQ restaurant in Elgin, SC for dinner together. This will be about a 20 mile convoy together.
At 6:30 PM we will leave to go to Eric Gibeaut's house to tour his collection of Sunbeams, Minis and other British memorabilia. This is only about 2 miles from the BBQ restaurant.
After dinner we will convoy back to the Hampton Inn and enjoy some free time in the Vista where the party is always going on.

On September 13th, 2009
We have the hospitality room reserved for our group if we want to use it for something on Sunday morning - this is yet to be determined. We could use it as our breakfast area.