• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

South Carolina SOS

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bonnie will be here for this SOS-though she just had rotator cuff surgery and has to wear a sling and can't drive....we are looking forward to this weekend and seeing all of these great Sunbeams in one place! Drive carefully and we will see you soon. Eric
PS-Steve-bring some burgers and we will test your grill out!

Know what she's going through. Had my surgery May 5th (reattach the bicep after rupturing and destroying the distal bicep tendon at the elbow). In a soft cast for 2 weeks, a splint for 10 more weeks. Been in physical therapy 3 x week since the May 15th. After getting out of the splint have problems with a stiff elbow and range of motion. Trying to work through that now. Good luck Bonnie, yours should be much easier to recover from. See a lot of those in therapy.

Jim E

Donation Time
Hey Jim, I have two old motors out of Series 3 cars that both should have retainer plate if you need one. If you do want one Thursday afternoon will work.

cheers,

Thanks Todd,
I broke down an ordered a new one, what with everything going on and trying to get the HT done and the car tagged it just seemed easier to order it and forget about it.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Let me carefully ask Bonnie about making some brownies-maybe she could supervise me in the kitchen?!

Eric, Just kidding ! Please don't ask Bonnie to bake Brownies..... You guys are doing enough already.

Tom j

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Hi Bonnie,
I see you have joined the Rotater Cuff Club, Hang in there. I had mine done with bone spurs that looked like a pickett fence. We can all get together and cry on each others shoulder, NO the other one!:D

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Todd, I'd need to go buy a running car tomorrow to have a functioning Alpine friday. Theres to much to have machined, so it probably will be 2 weeks (at Least) before I can start putting the engine together. Maybe I can make the "Autumn in the Mountains" show 9/26. Are you going to that one?

Jim E

Donation Time
Sam,
Got just the car for you, come to the event and drive it home! Vader is looking for a new apprentice. Might even be willing to do a partial trade. You could skip the busted knuckles and just drive!

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Well Sam, If you do not want to wait to fix yours or do not buy Vader (Jim's), then there is a Series II about an hour from Columbia for sale at $3,300. It is a decent car very solid body wise, new top and starts right up. I went over to Edgefield and drove it but the rear end needs works. I was getting a loud hummm out of the rear end while it was in gear. I'm tyring to get the owner of to bring it to the show on Saturday to put it in the for sale corral. Let me know if you need anything during your rebiuld. Everything I have is Series 3 related but a few things may work. See ya Friday!

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Hey Todd and Eric, your carshow was just plugged on Channel 7 local news(cbs spartanburg,sc) They were talking about an electric conversion MGB that will be at the show.

Maybe someone should inquire about a drive train from Telsa for the Sunbeam. You could always play a cd of a Little British engine for sound effects.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Sunbeams are invading! Took the "Greenbeam" for a spin around the Hampton and was thinking there was precious little parking and drove the length of the FULL parking lot and saw an SI or II and a IV or V with a hardtop at the back of the lot, both light blue. Also asked about parking and it's one space per room but they're not full this weekend. I didn't ask how much vacancy they had, just assumed the weekend wasn't as busy as a weekday. They're here!:)

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes, the time has come. Calling all Sunbeams to The Hampton Inn at 3:30 P.M. on Friday to start the weekend off. We will leave and go about 10 miles to Lake Murray for a quick photo shoot and then a picnic. After the picnic we will then go out for a five miles drive to get ice cream then back to the host motel for a hospitality room party till 10:00 PM. Ed, we will all be saving a cold beer for you tomorrow night. If you can make it we'll see you at the Hampton Inn at 3:30pm!

Oh John, That was George and Beverly Colemans Series V and my Series 3 in the parking lot we were having dinner at the Wild Hare. We saw you go by and George said that looked like a Sunbeam and I said no it was a TR - 4. Ha - it was you after all.

Those driving in please be careful. We do not want a Sunbeam to get the "hardluck award"!!!!!

Cheers,

Jim E

Donation Time
Wiping and shining, checking fluids.. still got to finish the hard top....

So we should not get there until 3:30 or we leave at that time?

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Jim, We will pull out at 3:30 if we have everyone in place. If we have to wait a few minutes on some coming in we'll be fine. The photographer is expecting us around 4:00pm at the lake. See ya in a couple of hours!

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Todd, Eric,Denise, Bonnie

Outstanding show

Even Better SOS

Thanks so much for your efforts in putting this together and your hospitality. I nominate you guys for Alpine Men and Women of the year

It was great seeing old friends and making new ones, just wish I had my Alp there as well.

Cant wait for the invasion next spring

sm

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
We made it home in record time Sunday afternoon. The Alpine ran great. Thanks Eric for the hardtop!

Want to thank Todd, Eric, and others involved in the planning for the weekend. Great SOS, great weather, and fun to be with fellow beamers. Looking forward to Invasion next year in Asheville, NC.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks to everyone for coming to the SOS! We had 18 Sunbeams at the show on Saturday-a new record. The weather was perfect and everything went smoothly. Scott and Ian drove down from Ohio-Scott I will mail you the long distance award, you guys had left the show a little early and they awarded it then. A group came up from Florida too. In fact Sunbeams from 6 states were there. We talked about the Invasion and asked for ideas so keep them coming to me. We are looking forward to hosting the 2010 Invasion! Eric

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Glad it went well. I thought about you guys all weekend and wished I was there! See you in Asheville!

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Long Distance Award - we covered just under 1,100 miles, and she ran great the whole time.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
S O S - C B C Iii

Thanks to Todd, Eric and all involved for putting on another great weekend of Sunbeam motoring. Quite a few "new" cars and owners joined in to make the Alpine turn out very presentable. Excellent new venue for the C B C III too!
Thanks again, Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
S O S pictures!!!!!!!

I want to thank each of you that came to the Carolina British Classics III / SOS. We had 130 British cars this year and 15 Sunbeams from several different states. Not many British car shows can say they had over 10% of their cars as Sunbeams!! The first event we had in our weekend was a photo shoot by a professional photagrapher then our picnic. I am supposed to get the disc of these pictures to post but here is a link to the pictures from his studio. There are some really cool shots!! Enjoy the pictures and thanks for coming once again! There are over 300 pictures!!!!

http://port77.com/kickstandstudio.com/bccmc/

Cheers,