• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Project Sunbeam

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
Well, another wow to post......that gas cap looks familiar, I ended up with a nice race style aluminum job that I don't stand a chance in a hot place of ever getting installed, but I get an idea of how it would look now. And then there's your hinge work. Sweet.

Heal up dude. Take a break. Working injured is a compromise at best.

afssanders

Donation Time
Work and sander deal

Thank you again. I appreciate the compliments.

I was asked on here if there will ever be a SAOCA discount for our sanders. I explained my contract dilemma, but also states I can give some stuff away with the sanders.

OK. Here's the first deal as of now.
Pro Kit $180.50
Free Shipping
Free roll of sandpaper
Free Sole for 21"
Free Cork sole for all.

Here's the second deal
Master Kit $274.50
Free Shipping
2 free rolls of sandpaper or 1 roll and my new 6" (very useful tool)
Free sole for 27" (actually about 30" long)
Free cork sole for all (helps to keep the paper from plugging up)

The sandpaper is Klingspor. German stuff. Available grits for this deal are 80,120,150,180,240, 320

Ask for the SAOCA discount when calling

http://adjustflexsand.com/order.html

Offer will expire the end of February 2009

Attachments

• 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 24

afssanders

Donation Time
More images and a short video

Tonight I have a treat. A video of the latch working. As always for the most up to up images and now videos go to the last page of the last link.

And yes there will be a lock installed on that bad boy. I'm thinking more along the lines of a siren actually. There's a built in switch in the VW latch. Oh yeah and don't worry about the water either I have a kick ass cover in mind for the latch and some cold galvanizing paint. Awesome stuff, it's damn there a 100% zinc. I'll be coating my floor with it too among other things. I'm going to be backtracking a bit this weekend. I'm going to start in on those nasty door handles. Wait til you guys see what I have in mind there.

http://gallery.me.com/mnwheelers#100356
http://gallery.me.com/mnwheelers#100309
http://gallery.me.com/mnwheelers#100348

64beam

Donation Time
Fantastic job on the boot lid and a very inventive solution for the release mechanism. What are you doing with the cut out section where the original number plate light was? As normal, I am eager to see the Alpine morph into the awesome creation that it will be ;).

Regards, Robin.

afssanders

Donation Time
plate slug

Fantastic job on the boot lid and a very inventive solution for the release mechanism. What are you doing with the cut out section where the original number plate light was? As normal, I am eager to see the Alpine morph into the awesome creation that it will be ;).

Regards, Robin.

I through it away. I don't think either of my cars had a light though. I don't think you want what I though away.

64beam

Donation Time
I through it away. I don't think either of my cars had a light though. I don't think you want what I though away.

Hi,

I am not after that section, I was just wondering whether you were going to fill that section in so that it blends in with the rest of the rear end.

Regards, Robin.

afssanders

Donation Time
Tail end

Hi,

I am not after that section, I was just wondering whether you were going to fill that section in so that it blends in with the rest of the rear end.

Regards, Robin.

I know what you're talking about now. Of course it will be as smooth as they come back there.

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
So much for taking it easy and healing up. :)

However the progress is great entertainment! Your solutions are original and look very well executed. I just sit here and shake my head every time......you're staying the course. :)

afssanders

Donation Time
rant of the week

So much for taking it easy and healing up. :)

However the progress is great entertainment! Your solutions are original and look very well executed. I just sit here and shake my head every time......you're staying the course. :)

I did take it easy... My knuckle looks almost like nothing happened to it.:)

I was thinking yesterday about this project while cleaning up my shop. I don't like to call it a build, even though I kind of did in my vid. That's going to stop. Especially because I did not design or build the car. I'm restoring it or assembling it. Sure I'm making a few accessories along the way, but still. It's a very big project to build a car. It takes many people and thousand of man hours, so when I see some want to be on TV yacking about how they built the car for Rapper X, movie star or some Player I just want to call them out. How on gods green earth did some looser get on TV for putting a stripe on a car with some 20s? Ohh and sometime they throw a radio in it. Wow... I think I'm going to pee my pants. Why didn't I think of that. Holy cows he's a god among gods.
I'd like to start a new TV show called throw down with John Wheeler. Kind of like Bobby Flay's show. Only on my TV show. Those so called car builders would all loose, because they have no taste and if it doesn't bolt to the car they are screwed. I can think of one person on TV that has an once of talent and taste and that's Chip Foose. He doesn't build from scratch either.

My rant is over for now. Sorry about that. That's what happen when I end up watching TV instead of working my my car.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Easy John. If you go down that path far enough, you will find that NOBODY "builds" cars other than the original manufacturers and some of their creations are suspect.

How about a guy that buys a fiberglass body, sits down with a catalog, orders a bazillion dollars worth of frame, front ends plus a little of this and that, assembles, drops in a crate motor and Preto! a "new" car. He has literally created something that had never existed. Yet you are more of a "builder" than he is.

If we cannot call it your "build", how about we call it your "creation"?

Bill

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hi John
Actually Chip Foose has pretty well done all of that.He was doing stuff long before any TV shows about him.He never thought himself as a car builder.
Yes I do agree has talent galore
Another was Boyd Conington
Did you ever see some of the work that was all original.He at one time had a real panel beater who could make anything but was already old when Boyd's show started.

afssanders

Donation Time
Credit

Easy John. If you go down that path far enough, you will find that NOBODY "builds" cars other than the original manufacturers and some of their creations are suspect.

How about a guy that buys a fiberglass body, sits down with a catalog, orders a bazillion dollars worth of frame, front ends plus a little of this and that, assembles, drops in a crate motor and Preto! a "new" car. He has literally created something that had never existed. Yet you are more of a "builder" than he is.

If we cannot call it your "build", how about we call it your "creation"?

Bill

You know who should get credit for it is the original designer of the car. That guy designed a car to work with. The guy that designed the Sunbeam is the first person I'll give credit too. Awesome car to start with.

afssanders

Donation Time
Foose

Hi John
Actually Chip Foose has pretty well done all of that.He was doing stuff long before any TV shows about him.He never thought himself as a car builder.
Yes I do agree has talent galore
Another was Boyd Conington
Did you ever see some of the work that was all original.He at one time had a real panel beater who could make anything but was already old when Boyd's show started.

I'm with you on the Foose being talented. No doubt about it.