• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Interested in a reproduction of the early series tool roll?

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Working out final details with the vendor - not happy with the current proposed weave of the burlap for the interior portion of the pouch.

Think we're over 50 orders now.

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Update - vendor has sent me a new, tighter weave burlap that comes much closer to the original. She is sending me one more sample from a different supplier. Once I decide on the type of burlap we'll move into the prototype phase.

Just wanted to let you guys know we're still making progress. Maybe we'll have these ready in time for Christmas?

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Update - we're moving into production

Got the correct burlap squared away so we're now moving into production phase.

Based on the 50+ people that have expressed an interest, the cost per tool roll will be $31 plus shipping. I'm making ZERO on this, I'm just the guy who got it started. The vendor needs a $100 deposit to get started, so my tool roll will cost $100. Consider it a Christmas present to the Sunbeam community - just like the early series switch escutcheons I had Kip Motor reproduce.

Over the years a number of us have coordinated multiple orders like this. I'm going to ask our vendor if they can handle all orders - makes it much cleaner in my opinion.

The vendor is working up the first prototype for me to view so once I receive that I'll take pictures and post on the board. We probably won't make it in time for Christmas but it will make for a happy new year.

Stay tuned.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thank you Scott.. I am willing to pay up front if you think this will fly. You should not have to go out of pocket for $70.00, esp. when you are the one to bring it together.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Agreed too! It is only a couple dollars more per tool bag to keep you from having to pay more. I'll pay up front too if that will help. Thanks again for your support of the Sunbeam community. We are are thankful!

Cheers,

JConstable

Donation Time
+1 I'll join up-front crowd - happy to chip in a couple of bucks for all your hard work in taking point on this project. John

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Need a favor please

Looks like I'll be facilitating the purchase and distribution as the vendor didn't want to get involved in shipping all over the world (can you blame her?).

So I need a favor - if you're ready to commit to the purchase of one or more tool rolls would you please send me an email with the following:

Your name
Your address
Your email address
Quantity

I'll compile the list and have it ready when the time comes to start sending me money. We have a UK member purchasing 20 already!

My email address is schristie at cinci dot rr dot com.

Thank you!

Limey

Donation Time
Hi Scott,

Just let me know when you need my upfront payment for the UK's 20 units.

We didn't discuss this but as the instigator of this reproduction (with you doing all the real work) I feel honour bound to cover your out of pocket costs if any promised payments don't come through and you are left holding.

However I'm sure they will all sell like hot cakes, as we say here.

Cant wait to get mine. This is a giant leap for early series owners (the forgotten few ;) )

Oliver

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Update - Prototype has arrived for inspection

Good news - the prototype has arrived and it looks great! I have additional "expert" eyes viewing pictures of it right now, including Oliver in the UK who has an original.

We're getting close so stay tuned.

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Photo posted in Photo Gallery

I posted a photo of the first prototype in the "Parts / Drawings / Technical" section of the Photo Gallery. We're having the color of the tie string corrected from black to a natural fiber color. Also double checking the overall dimensions. I test fitted a set of tools and they fit perfectly.

Getting close to accepting money from those of you who expressed an interest in purchasing.

Also, for those sitting on the fence, this vendor isn't interested in doing one-offs so if you choose not to participate in this first group order you'll have to wait until a second group is put together. That may take some time.

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
scott,
what's the latest on the tool rolls?? any idea when they will be ready?

They are creating a second prototype, based on feedback mainly about the tie to hold it together. Haven't received that yet but talked with the vendor last week. Taking longer than I wanted but thanks for your patience.

PNG

Donation Time
Tool roll

I've followed this thread from 12/11 and looked at the picture posted. Sounds & looks like an excellent idea. Not to be dim, but what tools are/were in the original roll? I'll likely take one too, if it's still open. PNG