• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Interested in a reproduction of the early series tool roll?

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Good news - second prototype is a success!

Received the second prototype and I'm happy with the results. The tie now looks much closer to the original, so I think we're ready to proceed at this point. I have orders for 45 so far.

If you recently posted to this thread that you're interested, but didn't send me an email with your name, full address, and quantity desired, please do so now. I'll wait until the end of this week, then I'll post the payment options. I'm investigating which flat rate box will work best for those in the U.S. For those outside the U.S. I'll have to get specific quotes for you. Obviously this thing is pretty light so shipping shouldn't be bad.

Final call to place your order for a reproduction early series tool roll. Send email to scott dot christie at protective dot com with your name, address, and quantity desired. Cheers, and thanks to everyone for their patience on this project.

A picture of the first prototype has been posted here: http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?categoryid=3&p17_sectionid=9

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Order has arrived!

I received our order yesterday in the mail - 50 early series tool rolls - they look great! I'll start shipping this week to all who have paid.

Thanks again to all for your patience. This took many phone calls back and forth and many samples before we got it right. Thanks to Oliver in the UK for providing pictures and measured drawings of his original tool roll.

I trust everyone will be pleased - I know I am.

I will no longer handle any additional orders. The vendor is willing to work on a one-off basis now that they have the pattern, but I can assure you the price will not be $31!!

Here's the contact information for those of you who passed on this group purchase:

K&H European Auto Upholstery
11611 Salinaz Avenue Unit A
Garden Grove, CA 92843
www.khupholstery.com
Ask for Nicole

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Scott,
Even though my car is far too shiny and new :rolleyes: to benefit from the tool roll, I can appreciate your effort. Kudos.

If you're on the SAOC site across the pond, perhaps you could make mention of it there, too, with a pic or two.

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Scott,
Even though my car is far too shiny and new :rolleyes: to benefit from the tool roll, I can appreciate your effort. Kudos.

If you're on the SAOC site across the pond, perhaps you could make mention of it there, too, with a pic or two.

Thanks Ken. As for the SAOC across the pond, Oliver has them covered. He'll be getting his order of 20 rolls shortly and will start distributing.

Limey

Donation Time
For the UK

Thanks Ken. As for the SAOC across the pond, Oliver has them covered. He'll be getting his order of 20 rolls shortly and will start distributing.

Hats of to Scott for doing the leg work. Good work, fella!

Any UK readers of this SOACA forum can email me directly to reserve theirs up until the National. I will place an add on th eSAOC site as soon as I can. The unreserved remainder will be sold on a first come first served basis at the show. If any remain I will put them on UK ebay for the less well informed owners out there.

All the best

Oliver

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Scott, I recieved my tool rolls in the mail today. I'm very, very pleased. You did a great job on these! You get the BEAMER of the week award! lol

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Is there a breakdown of the tools that were in these tool kits? Did all Series have the same tools?

Cheers,

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Scott, rec. the tool roll today; very nice and now loaded w/ tools.
Thanks for getting them made!
Doug

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Not to my knowledge. The later ones have been reproduced in cloth (George Coleman showed me a very nice one last year) but haven't seen one in vinyl.

Hey is anyone reproducing the later model tool roll for SV? I think they are a welded vinyl

alpine_64

Donation Time
The vynil ones were repro'ed in melbourne about 8 years back.. they were close but not 100% acurate.. they were quite good. Think thwy were all sold out maybe 5 years back... were around $90 IIRC

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well... that didn't take long... someone's already selling them on eBay.

$T2eC16ZHJFoE9nh6pM44BQ!eUgY(7!~~60_1.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROOTES-SUNB...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a773219ab&vxp=mtr