• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Interested in a reproduction of the early series tool roll?

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Oliver (aka Limey) and I are working with a potential vendor to reproduce the canvas tool roll for the Series I and II Alpines. Samples of the material are coming my way for inspection and Limey is taking detailed measurements and pictures of his original roll so we can get a quote.

Naturally the vendor won't budge without a minimum of 10 orders, so I'm posting this message to gauge the number of interested club members.

Right now I have no idea what this will cost, but I believe it will be "reasonable". We are making every effort to ensure this is as close as possible to the original. For those of you who have been searching for a while you know how difficult it is to find one that doesn't disintegrate in your hands.

If you are interested, please reply to this post with a hands up. I'll monitor this thread and keep everyone posted as this project progresses. Pass the word to others who may not follow our board. I suspect we'll have interest across the globe.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for stepping up and doing this-I will take two please. I have an original one that is worn thin. Eric

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'll take one and use it for a Series 3. Wonder how many people would know the difference or care! lol

Cheers,

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Update: Quote for 20 units is $33 each

Heard back from the vendor and they can reproduce for $33 each if we buy 20.

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
That pushes us to 20! I'm waiting on one more sample of some material for the "burlap" side of the tool roll. If that checks then we'll be good to go on production.

Stay tuned.