• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Grassroots Motorsports challenge Alpine Tiger 2012 build

racetearoffs

Donation Time
We where shooting the breeze ....... Black block with gold valve covers ? We are needing to make a choice any and all input welcomed . Piks of motor helpfull . Do Not want Chrome , need paint scheme for motor .

We are thinking any Tractor supply Color from John Deere green to massey fergusen red for the car .

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
With your Ranger rotors and hubs (sorry I missed that in post 1), is it also a whole Ford front-end, or mostly Alpine?

racetearoffs

Donation Time
Tom cut the aLPINE front suspension top back about 3 inches , and welded in a piece of angle on each side . Allowing an MGB steering rack , Shelby basically did the same thing . Speedway lengthened steering arms where installed . Most people would use MGB but the speedways arms had a little more Length .

racetearoffs

Donation Time
Front suspension dropped and pressure washed , you can see some of the details of Tom's work from 20 or so years ago.
SAM_0115.jpg

Album link here http://s1078.photobucket.com/albums/w481/mgacoupe1960/Front%20suspension/

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Tom cut the aLPINE front suspension top back about 3 inches , and welded in a piece of angle on each side . Allowing an MGB steering rack , Shelby basically did the same thing . Speedway lengthened steering arms where installed . Most people would use MGB but the speedways arms had a little more Length .

Basically the cut is similar to what I did in 1979 on the Lister.I'm running after market Mustang II A arms,spindles,rotors and calipersHowever my crossmember was reinforced internally as well.Just to weld an angle iron piece may work but I preferred to do the bracing internally
I like the idea though of the speedway lengthened steering arms.Will have to look into those

racetearoffs

Donation Time
Well we flooded out of our house in Florida , west coast got hit hard by TS Debby . We are insured and we where able to buy another house so we are moving after 25 or so years . Still the work continues on the Car ! We got the new oil pan ,pickup ect items from speedway . We also got the roll bar welded . The front end is sorted and painted . The skool bus is where we live behind our shop until we close on the house should be just around the 4th of July :)
DSCF5076.jpg

DSCF5085.jpg

Direct link to album here >>>>> http://s1078.photobucket.com/albums/w481/mgacoupe1960/house%20flood%20tiger%20engine/

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Sad to hear!

:( I got a hold of our contractor in Wauchula and they verified that at least our property is high and dry, were supposed to be out of the 100 year flood from the Peace River. No road closures in the small town was the good news. So sorry to hear about being flooded that is such a nasty mess to live through. 25 years of living in the same spot is a lot of accumulation of stuff, best of luck getting it all moved! :D

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Brave so very Brave

Video shows your on a body of water, looks heavenly but you just got flooded, not sure if I would want to be any where near a body of water after being flooded. Good to hear your adjusting just think of all the treasures your going to find! My be seeing you on PBS Antiques Roadshow! LOL

Donna
:D

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Wait till January

Were waiting till after dooms day in December, start building our dream home in Wauchula, FL in January... If were all still here....LOL

:D

Donna