• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

California Legacy License Plates

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
I know at least 10 guys who just have regular month and year on YOM plates and the registration does not list the year specific 1966 or otherwise sticker with its ancient number which was present on the paper copy . Totally stupid rule. Even if you move plate to another 1966 car they don't have to see plates again or if car is sold to another they can be transferred. The plate toppers are really aggravating to be sure..

Hi Warren.

Ya, aggravating and fugly.

Of the many original black plates I've seen at Cars & Coffee and the like, I don't recall seeing that big metal tab sticking out. Most of the black plates, that according to DMV are not 'supposed' to be altered in any way, look brand new, very obviously reconditioned and repainted.

I really like the look of having the original blue 1967 tag on the plate, hate to cover it up. I might just put the new stickers on the worse off ugly front plate, the one without any stickers.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Cycle

I drove my 69 white sticker Honda 160 for years without the month sticker on it. It was not a YOM but I still didn't want to cover the sticker. I thought guys would not say "what year is it" but wrong...

I would not have 2 beers and drive the bike and not tempt fate in other way's
I also too the month put it on a thin magnet then put it over the year on a YOM car that worked really well as I could take off at car events.