• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. W2 & Lora

Battery relocation question

Well, the Alpine V6 conversion process is finally nearing the end. It is at a local shop getting the dual exhaust fabricated and off course the mechanic would like to relocate the battery. He said he found a kit online for the Sunbeam, but can't locate it again. Anyone have any...
  2. W2 & Lora

Holley jet question V6

Hi Smart People! I have finally got the engine running with the Holley 390 and am having trouble with bad hesitation. It idles fine, pulling about 15 on the vacuum gage, and I think I have the timing pretty close. I really need to play with the gas pedal to get it to go, and even then, a lot...
  3. W2 & Lora

Brake distribution block question

Alrighty, thanks! Wasn't sure if it mattered what went where.
  4. W2 & Lora

Brake distribution block question

Good day, I have searched every way I know how, but cannot find a routing diagram that shows which ports are the outlets and which one is the inlet from the MC on thebrake distribution block. I have it apart and failed to take a pic. Now brakes won't bleed andI think I have the MC connection...
  5. W2 & Lora

Leaking Intake Manifold

It's alive! Woooooooo! I can't get the video of it running to upload, but it sounds pretty awesome with just the headers.
  6. W2 & Lora

Leaking Intake Manifold

Yay! I talked to a machinist who said i was within tolerances. He recommended no cork ends on the gasket and to skim each port with Ultra black anyway. I did. Leaked a little on the interior, but I went back and retorqued all the bolts after warming up the manifold with a hair dryer. Viola...
  7. W2 & Lora

Leaking Intake Manifold

Well, GNBN. I have eliminated the external leaks, but now it is leaking inside and down into the oil pan. I may just have to punt and try the stock intake, but then I have to fabricate a spacer for the carb and rebuild it. Joy.
  8. W2 & Lora

carburetor switch

How did you cut down the stock spacer?
  9. W2 & Lora

Leaking Intake Manifold

Hi Guys, I am stuck. I have installed an Ofy intake manifold on the V6 three times with 3 different gaskets. (paper, Fel-Pro and Mahler) I have a leak along the rear and have followed the install instructions regarading the sealer. Upon removing the assembly, the leaks are around the...
  10. W2 & Lora

V6 Conversion

Hey! I am almost ready for the first firing! However, small snag. Apparently I bought the wrong spark plug wire set. So tomorrow I will take the cap with me to the parts store and see what they have. Otherwise, I turned it over to find TDC, wired up the ignition (using HEI), temporarily...
  11. W2 & Lora

V6 Conversion

Alrighty. I installed the other two shims after I finally persueded the bearing assembly to come off of the shaft. The shaft had formed a bit of surface rust that was keeping the unit from sliding easily. Anyway, shims installed, engine mated up, clutch bled and tested. I was able to turn...
  12. W2 & Lora

V6 Conversion

I have 2 in and if I can persude the damn bearingto slide off of the shaft, I am going to try the other 2 for a total of 4. For some reason, I can't the assembly to slide off so I can install them.
  13. W2 & Lora

V6 Conversion

Ok, I think I am making progress. I was able to verify the clutch is not being depressed enough by the throwout bearing, so I am adding shims. Hopefully that will solve the problem. Another bell housing with the traditional fork assembly is on its way if that doesn't work.
  14. W2 & Lora

Puzzled, need help, pls

Ken, The puzzled me part is it turns whether in gear, out of gear, pedal in or out. W2
  15. W2 & Lora

Puzzled, need help, pls

I can turn the driveshaft regardless of where the pedal is...
  16. W2 & Lora

Puzzled, need help, pls

Hi Guys, I am still working on Miss Lora's V6 conversion. I am using the Ram Clutch internal release bearing. I can see movement through the starter hole. Now, here's my puzzle and maybe I am thinking about this all wrong. The car is still on jack stands, so rear is off of the ground. I...
  17. W2 & Lora

V6 Conversion

Alrighty, I have been back to the grindstone. Dropped off my driveshaft today for fabrication and should get it back next week. Electric radiator fans installed, ignition module and heat sink installed, radiator and hoses installed and should get the distributor in Monday or Tuesday with some...
  18. W2 & Lora

V6 Conversion

Alrighty. Back to the project in between an increased work schedule. I have fabbed up new brake lines and have finally solved the leaks in the clutch line and have it bled. Question: Since I am using an internal release bearing, is there a way to test it? I can see it moving when peeking...
  19. W2 & Lora

V6 Conversion

Transmission tunnel cutting was a success! Still wish the internal TOB had removed that step, but not a big deal now that the incision has been made. I was able to mate the engine an transmission by myself this morning with only a little bit of sailor talk. I put the headers on to check...