• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. J

Series 5 Heater water valve

Hi Rick and 65 Beam To answer Ricks question both have failed by leaking from the centre push rod hole. The seal seams to be the weak link. With the problem yesterday I tried opening the heater to see if leak would stop but it made the leak gush out instead. When ordering parts from Sunbeam...
  2. J

Series 5 Heater water valve

Hi All The heater valve in my series 5 Alpine has failed yet again. The one in it when I bought the car five years ago gave up three years ago. I found one on the net and that lasted 2 months. Got another again on the net, seller assured me the quality was good but after 3 years has failed too...
  3. J

Series V Heater Valve

valve Russ Thanks for your time taken to reply. John G
  4. J

Series V Heater Valve

S V Alpine heater valv Hello Greenbean, I was wondering if you have had a good trouble free long life from this valve? I did buy one on ebay with only 1 month in car, before it got a major leak. It looked exactly the same. Thanks for your reply. John G
  5. J

information required on weber conversions

weber choke Hi All Thanks for all your help. The 32/36 is missing choke plate and linkage etc. so will be unable to choke it at all. I guess I will swap it over and see what happens. John
  6. J

More details on the Weber conversion In general forums it seems that the 32 / 36 is the most common option. Problems are is we have to choke it to get it started and the revs are rough at about 4-500. Once all warmed it idles at 13-1500. It always has a pool of fuel from the overflow from the...
  7. J

My series 5 has a 28/32 weber on it and have had a few problems so have got a weber 32/36 to try. The replacement carb is missing the choke system. My question is will I need one? I am told that most people remove the choke (this is in general not alpines). I am asking is this true or is it...
  8. J

Factory Alloy wheels

Thanks to both Rande and Michael As my wife (Alpine is her car) didn't really like any of the Alloy wheels, through our club we found some bolt on wires and that is the way we decided to go. We appreciate your taking the time to reply to the thread. Thank you. Deb and John
  9. J

Factory Alloy wheels

Minilites Hi Michael thanks for your reply. Officially the car is my wife Debbie's car. She doesn't like Mini/ Superlite wheels so that's the reason I wanted to find something else. The Dunlop wheels you mention are they the same basic look as the mini/superlites? There are a few places on...
  10. J

Factory Alloy wheels

Alloy Wheels Thanks for the input into this subject. Down here in Australia we generally follow the UK. Our car was a UK import so alloy wheels seem out of the picture if origonallity is what I want to achieve. I now need to look at wire wheels as the option to dress up the car.
  11. J

Factory Alloy wheels

I'm new to the world of Alpines and I was reading "The Alpine Guide" which came with the car and it mentions an original Rootes Alloy wheel. Is this correct? Can some one supply pictures and sizes that suit a Jan '68 SV?