• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V Heater Valve

John G

Silver Level Sponsor
S V Alpine heater valv

Hello Greenbean,

I was wondering if you have had a good trouble free long life from this valve?
I did buy one on ebay with only 1 month in car, before it got a major leak. It looked exactly the same.

Thanks for your reply.

John G

greenbean

Donation Time
John G, I had the same problem with the Valve I got originally, it leaked after a few months --- so I gave up on the Series V style valve. He made it right with me :) so he is a good person and I hope that the new ones he has are better. I ended up going with a modified style S1-IV valve, mounted in the same place with the S1-4 bracket and a S1-4 style valve but for a XKE jag (as they operate just the opposite from the Sunbeam and that way my SV lever in the car operates correctly) and guess what, no leaks :) (you can use the S1-4 valve, but your lever will operate backwards). If you want photos of my set-up send me your email and I will email you pictures.

Russ