• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. P

Diff bearings

I've learnt to cope with many surprises during the restoration of my series 111 Alpine but this one has left me gobsmacked! In the process of refurbishing the diff I went on the hunt for the bearings. When it came to sourcing the outer pinion bearing I could not find one locally so went on the...
  2. P

Hard top fittings

I am in the process of restoring the hard top on my series 111 Alpine. What is missing is the aluminium frame for the perspex quarter lights. Can anyone help please?:):( Paul
  3. P

Hard top parts

I am in the process of restoring the hard top on my series 111 Alpine. I have managed to get all the rubbers and the glass but what I need is the aluminium frame that goes around the perspex quarter light. Please can anyone help.:)
  4. P

Overdrive relief valve

I have still to resolve the slipping overdrive problem but having replaced the overdrive unit and gearbox for the third time I think I have narrowed down the problem to the relief valve. If this is the case then at least I don't have to remove the gearbox yet again!! I am suspicious of the...
  5. P

Manifold gaskets series 111 Alpine

:confused:I have just received the manifold gaskets for my series 111 Alpine. The books all show two gaskets but do not tell you which goes where. To explain, one gasket is fibre and the other is metal. So the question is, does the metal one go against the block or the manifold? I tried using...
  6. P

Weber carb

It seems that most owners change their Solex carb for a Weber and my series 111 came with a Weber carb. However there is barely enough room for an air filter on top of the carb as it sits very high and I suspect that it is the wrong Weber or a very old version. The number is 28/36 DCD23. Can...
  7. P

Brake cable length

Hi folks The hand brake cables on my R.H.D.series 111 have stretched. We have people in Zimbabwe who make up new cables using the existing fittings but I was wondering if any one could tell me what length the cables should be. The part numbers are 254 (long cable) and 273 (short cable) in the...
  8. P

Steering drop arm removal

Does anyone have a picture of the special tool RG.198 for removal of the steering drop arm? The drop arm on my 1963 series 111 Alpine has been incorrectly assembled as is 90 degrees out. I can turn right but turning left is a bit of a problem!! I am assuming that an ordinary puller will not do...