• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. B

4 Western "Mini Lite" style wheels & Tires

Are these rims still available?
  2. B

3.0 V6 Ford

Thanks for all the responses The main thing was the price was right but after reading all the post it just doesn't seem worth the trouble. The engine has over 200K so a rebuild was in order anyways. The 2.8 V6 has already been done and there is a wealth of knowledge on that swap so if I...
  3. B

3.0 V6 Ford

Have a friend with a 96 Ford Ranger with the 3.0 V6 and a 5 speed tranny which he is scraping. He has offered me the engine and tranny for nothing. Has anyone transplanted this engine into an Alpine? Would this engine or tranny be worth my time? Thanks
  4. B

Series IV Automatic

I did have the carb rebuilt so i think I'm good there. The car did sit for about 20 years before I bought it and owner stated they changed fluids before putting it up for sale. Fluids did look good so I didn't change them out. I'm sure the seals are bad and a rebuilt is in order. Just waiting...
  5. B

Series IV Automatic

Yep, fluid is good. I may change the fluid and see what happens. I do have some leaking so I add fluid as needed, maybe its time to rebuild. Only has 34K miles on it but it sat in a garage for 20+ years before I bought it.
  6. B

Series IV Automatic

Good question. The trans seems to shift with no problem, it just doesn't have the acceleration. I can push the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and the car then seems to wind up slowly. Once the car is at 40mph things change a little and it cruses with no problems. No hesitation when...
  7. B

Series IV Automatic

I have a 64 IV Auto with 32K original miles on it when I bought it. Have had no problems with the BW auto but it is a slooooooow poke when it comes to acceleration. Can cruse at 65 at about 3000 RPM with no trouble. Resides in New Jersey
  8. B

Automatic Alpine

I have a SIV with the auto trans, bought it from the original owner with 32K on it. Blinding speed it does not have but it pulls the Alpine around to make the drive a pleasant one. The one problem you will find is if you do not drive it on a regular basis it will leak trans fluid. But what...
  9. B

Seats and Convert. top frame

Looking for a pair of seats for my MK1 Tiger. Do not need to be perfect, I will be restoring them. The DPO installed MGB seats in the Tiger so I will need complete seats with all components. Willing to trade MGB seats or just buy them outright. Also, if anyone knows of somebody who needs MGB...
  10. B

Parts compatibility between series 3 and series 4

"I found a guy in MD parting out a series 4" I have an early, B9470149 Tiger, they used the early SIV doors before they raised the window cranks. The DPO of the my Tiger replaced the passenger door with a SV door. I wanted to change it back, so my question was about the SIV passenger door of...
  11. B

Parts compatibility between series 3 and series 4

Does this car have a good passenger door? Looking for an early SIV door to replace the bad one on my Tiger. I'm in NJ
  12. B

Columbus, OH Tiger - $5500

e mailed owner with no reply yet. Have seen worse but this looks like it could be saved.
  13. B

63 Series 3 Seats

I am located in Delran, NJ. Have a pair of SV seats, would have to be cleaned upped, new foam and reupholstered but all there. Been sitting in the garage and would like to see them used, can work out a deal.
  14. B

Free Sunbeam Alpine to first taker

The Dart is interesting, early and rare as far as I can tell. Someone needs to get to it fast or it to will be gone also. I would take it and then sale parts or whole car but no room. There are still parts on the Alpine that can be used, I would hate to see it go to the crusher.
  15. B

1950s Alpine Sunbeam in Philadelphia

For some reason the link to Photo Bucket is not working from here. I also put the link in the "For Sale" section under "Free Sunbea Alpine to First Taker" and it seems to be working from the For Sale section.
  16. B

Here are the pixs for this SI in Philly. http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/r...ye_61/?start=0 There is still some good parts on it but I don't think the car will come out in one piece. I will help with the part out if someone is interested. Norville has shown interest, but time and distance...
  17. B

Here are the pixs for this SI in Philly. http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr134/buckeye_61/?start=0 There is still some good parts on it but I don't think the car will come out in one piece. I will help with the part out if someone is interested. Norville has shown interest, but time and...
  18. B

Look in " Parts Wanted" under "1950s Alpine Sunbeam in Philadelphia" I went to look at an Alpine in Philly on Friday, this may be the same car. Have pixs also and will post shortly if anyone is interested. It's a SI
  19. B

OK here is the update Went to look at the car on friday in Philadelphia. This whole thing is a story in it's self but I will stick with the Alpine for now. It's a SI, B9009399 LRX color code 39, someone drove the car into this back yard some time in 1968 and the car has been there...
  20. B

Location would be nice!! I'm just over the bridge in NJ and would take a look if we had a good address. Not many 50's around and would be nice to save if it's in good shape.