• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. gbinckes

2.8 V6 in New Hampshire . . .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-2-8-V6-Pinto-Engine-Runs-Perfect/274000299962?hash=item3fcbb0c7ba:g:4EkAAOSwKe1dN5-p No relation to seller, but look slike a pretty good deal!
  2. gbinckes

"Weekend Racer" Alpine Back running!

This is a fantastic post, congratulations, the Alpine looks great!
  3. gbinckes

Early Series Shock Conversion - totally awesome!

Doug - I got a pair of "Gabriel 69622 Ultra Passenger Car Shock for select Chevrolet Corvette models" from Amazon for $40, the ride is fantastic! Dan - I will think about doing the header flange mod if I have time, depends on how long it takes me to replace the head gasket/drill cooling...
  4. gbinckes

Thanks Dan for the recommendations. The V-6 I have in now was a cheapy I bought just to get one in the car while I saved up to build a performance version, so no mods have been made. Unfortunately saving for a performance engine has not been a financial priority in my house :) I am going to...
  5. gbinckes

Hey all, finally got around to converting my rear end from the lever action dampeners to shock absorbers using Doug's (bulldurham) kit, and man what a difference it makes!! I wish I would have done this years ago, makes the Alpine so much more driveable! Unfortunately, too driveable, as I ended...
  6. gbinckes

Two early bumpers -FREE SoCal Pickup only. hurry

And if David can't take em I will! I am in Cypress, so may take a bit longer to get there . . . Thanks, and Happy New Year! Garet
  7. gbinckes

Round Corner Hood

Are the round corners for the early series? I always get confused . . .
  8. gbinckes

Alignment shop in So Cal

Thanks guys, I had it on the road for 7 wonderful miles before the rear end started kicking like a mule on the drivers side. Now I need to find time to replace the rear. Fortunately someone is letting me borrow a later series rear, I just need to make some adjustments to go in my SII. And I...
  9. gbinckes

Alignment shop in So Cal

Cool, thanks for the recomendation, much appreciated!
  10. gbinckes

West Coast Invasion: LOOK!

The agreement I had with the family was if the Alpine was ready I could blow off other commitments and drive up Thursday night, come home Friday afternoon. But since the Alpine will need a little more work I am back to taking care of the kids. Believe me, I would loooove to come up, but the...
  11. gbinckes

West Coast Invasion: LOOK!

Well guys, I am sad to say I won't be able to make the West Coast Invasion, I was hoping to be a surprise guest. I FINALLY got my Alpine on the road; finished the brakes on Monday, got the muffler installed on Wednesday, and drove around town grinning ear to ear. Amazing the number of people...
  12. gbinckes

Alignment shop in So Cal

Great news (for me that is) I finally got my Alpine V-6 running with brakes installed. Took it out for a cruise, getting muffler tomorrow, and thinking about how wonky it drives. Can anyone recommend an alignment shop in So Cal, preferably close to Garden Grove area? Thanks! - Garet...
  13. gbinckes

Door cards and interior pieces

Andrew, I sent a PM, would love to get a trace of your template. Please let me know what I owe for your time and shipping. Thanks! - Garet
  14. gbinckes

Door cards and interior pieces

Hey all, making some progress on my Alpine, almost at a point where I need to address the interior. Does anyone have any door cards for a Series II? I figure I only need one to use as a template, but I would prefer a matching set. Also looking for the misc vinyl interior pieces. Let me know...
  15. gbinckes

Sunbeam Group/Service in Orange County, California?

Heya Steve, there are a few of us here in So Cal, not sure if anyone has ever really tried to organize us though. Where are you located? I am in Cypress, on year 7 of my 4 year restoration plan for my Series II. There are a lot of very helpful people on the forum, and if you "search" for a...
  16. gbinckes

63 and 65 parts for sale and engine parts.

Heya, interested in the interior pieces, do you happen to have the door panels as well? Thanks! - Garet
  17. gbinckes

First Monthly Rant.

I am a Charter Member too, but just noticed my name was misspelled. I have owned my Charter Member shirt 7 years longer than I have owned an Alpine ;) - Garet Binckes (or Brinckes, Binkles, Banks, Binckers, etc.)
  18. gbinckes

New Member and New Alpine Owner

Welcome to the club! - Garet
  19. gbinckes

wanted: Front fenders and valance

Rod, Valance is gone, but thanks for asking. Good luck! - Garet
  20. gbinckes

Alpine Poster - including the ultra-rare Shooting Brake!

This poster cracks me up, awful drawings and even includes the ultra-rare Sunbeam Alpine Shooting Brake! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Alpine-Tiger-evolution-chart-1959-to-1968-Shelby-Get-Smart-James-Bond-/111885257143?hash=item1a0ce189b7:g:QfgAAOSwGotWohyW