• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine Poster - including the ultra-rare Shooting Brake!

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
this should have been released on April 1st !
(although it is nice that they included my rare shooting brake - I thought I had kept that a secret) :):):)

alpine_64

Donation Time
This poster cracks me up, awful drawings and even includes the ultra-rare Sunbeam Alpine Shooting Brake!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Alp...257143?hash=item1a0ce189b7:g:QfgAAOSwGotWohyW

I had contacted the seller late last year to inform them that the shooting break was an April fools joke from the saoca many years ago and that they had a series I soft top on the SV illustration.... Never got a response.

Looks like its drawn in illustrator so can easily be changed and am sure they are printing on demand rather than having done a run.

As a side note the guy who owned the fidorri (sp?) Alpine in Europe had done a bunch of sunbeam posters years ago that coveted 20's onwards and sold them worldwide.

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
I think you guys are just mean-spirited. How much effort would it take to build a Harrington-like fibreglass top to create the "Howarth Shooting Brake"? If about 20 S1 Roadsters were converted the car would be a reality and this guy wouldn't need to change his poster. History rewritten, problem solved.

Anyone on the list with a S1 who'd like to place an order for the very rare Howarth (not to be confused with the lesser Harrington) Shooting Brake conversion kit, please contact Jeff. I'm sure he will be keen to see his idea to fruition.

Hell, I'll take one Jeff, and I don't even have a S1 yet!

Cheers,
Paul (almost 1st April) Heuer.

PS: Michael, the European Sunbeam poster you mention is now known as the 'Expurgated Version - the one without the shooting brake' (apologies to the Pythons).

Last edited:

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
We had an older person here many years ago with a shooting brake. Came looking for a couple of parts. He would not sell it to me even though I was willing to pay a real good price as I would have bought it right there and then.Lost contact over the years. Never heard from him or anything re his car. Would still buy it if it ever showed up.