• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

Series 2 Weather stripping / Hardtop to body

Hi. Does any one know where I could get the hardtop to body weatherstripping for my 62’ alpine. Almost finished restoring. Just need this last piece. No one can match that I’ve asked. I can send a picture of the old WStripping if needed. Thanks Appreciate the help
  2. S

Need Offenhauser manifold and Holly 390 cfm carb

Can any one point me in a direction to buy : Offenhauser 4 barrel manifold & Holly 390 cfm carburetor It's going on a 2.8 V6 from a '74 mustang which is going into my series 2 Thanks everyone
  3. S

62 Alpine V6 conversion - Bellhousing & Flywheel

I'm looking to put a V6 in my series 2. My mechanic says I need a 74-78 Mustang II V6 2.8L bellhousing (casting # D4ZA-6394-CC) and possibly a flywheelwould be nice. Any one ? Bellhousing and fly wheel ? Without, I'm dead at the start line for this project Thanks everyone
  4. S

Need Zenith Carb kit Sunbeam Alpine series 2

I have one Royze ZE-5K carb kit , but as you know, I need two and my supplier is out. Does any one know where i could get my hands on one. THANKS
  5. S

15 inch wheels / 1962 sunbeam

Does any one know if 15 inch wheels would fit my 1962 series 2 alpine ? I have 13 X6.5 on now but would like to go bigger. Plus what width of tire is allowed ? I'm also getting conflicting answers if I can buy new 15 inch centre mount knock off wheels or not. Where to buy in Canada ? Thanks Geoff
  6. S

What is tube from Intake Manifold for ?

Series 2 alpine - There's a 6 inch copper tube that sticks out of the bottom of my intake manifold . Does any one know it's purpose?It looks like a breather or overflow tube. It is spraying gas out of it . I'm waiting to get my Carborater needles and floats looked at but until I do It's a bit of...
  7. S

Gas shoots out of Carburetor !

Does any one know why one of my carburetors shoots gas strait up when I start the engine ? thanks:confused:
  8. S

Oil pan allen wrench size ?

Any one know what size allen key I need for my 62 type 2 Alpine. Metric or standard. The car was probably sold in Canada Thanks
  9. S

Spongy Brakes

I started my alpine 2 for the first time this year and discovered my brake fluide was low . I topped it up but the brakeing power seems dimminished . Do I have to bleed the brake lines ? Any tips or advise ? Thanks
  10. S

Positioning of driver's side mirror

Can any one tell me what kind of sideview mirror was sold with a 62 ' beam , type 2 ? Where was it positioned ? I've looked at a thousand pictures and there are a thousand variations of mirror type and position . Thanks
  11. S

Does electric fan work ?

Has any one bought the 10' electric fan the Victoria British sells ? I'm thinking of installing one in my '62 Alpine and want to know if they really work or not .:Thanks
  12. S

How fast does this baby go ?

I just bought a '62 type 2.The max speed I feel the engine can handle is 60 MPH/100 KPH while I'm in overdrive. Does this sound right or should I be able to coax a Bit more out of the Engine? What was the Max when they came out of the factory ? Thanks Geoff.
  13. S

Dash Board Colour

I own a '62 alpine Lakeblue Alpine. The dash is badly faded and I'd like to paint it. Does any one know the original colour of this dash. It might be black,gloss or flat ,I don"t know .Thanks Geoff