• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Hodee

Windshield install

I got my glass/rubber surround and stainless trim installed. New dashpad with excess padding sanded down. Upon installation I can’t get the center to touch the body. It sits about a 1/4 inch above the body. Far right and left sides are ok with the new “adjustable nuts”. Should I back off all the...
  2. Hodee

Windscreen removal

I’m replacing my dash pad and windscreen rubbers etc. This is a Ser V. The four outer stud nuts came off easily. What are the tricks to reaching the others? Especially the very center nut. Do I have to be a gymnast and triple jointed? Thanks
  3. Hodee

rear gear 3.89

Im wondering where I might source a 3.89 rear gear. Currently a late Ser V with a 4.22 . I know the drive shaft is a fine spline but not sure that matters which rear gear I use. Just to drop the highway rpms a bit. Im currently running very tall 15in tires which helps a lot. Just looking for a...
  4. Hodee

Wire to Solonoid

Just got a new solonoid from Moss. All is good except one terminal is missing as compared to the original. There is a green and white wire from the positive side of the coil that should connect to the solonoid. That terminal is missing from the new unit. The official WSM does not show this wire...
  5. Hodee

Faulty gauges

67 Ser V Alpine nearly all stock. My temp and fuel gauges are dropping to zero (full left) and back to normal while driving. About 3-4 fluctuations in a 20 minute drive. Suggest and causes? Voltage regulator? Thanks
  6. Hodee

Stromberg Viton O rings

Any source for Viton O rings for Stromberg needle jets? I bought some from an Auto parts store close in size but still a good leak from the bottom of the jet right on to the exhaust. Not a good scenario.
  7. Hodee

Solonoid

When I turn the key, I get a loud click from the solonoid. Battery has plenty of juice. I’m thinking the solonoid is bad as all the cables have been checked and tightened. Thoughts? I have a Ser V with the original solonoid with the rubber push button. Anybody know where I could buy one? Thanks
  8. Hodee

Ignition switch?

I’m having a weird ignition problem. Car used to start just fine. Then all I got was a click. Checked the battery, all good. Inspected the solenoid and found it to not have a good connection to the fire wall. Tightened that and all was good. Today I got the old click again and found the cable on...
  9. Hodee

Stromberg Dash Pots

What weight of oil should be used in the Stromberg dash pots? The manual is a bit confusing on the issue. I always thought a light 20 wt or so but now I’m not sure. Thanks
  10. Hodee

Ser V Brake Reservoir

Anybody know if the SerV brake reservoir fits other years? Other searches have not been helpful. Thanks
  11. Hodee

Partial Roof

I live in Texas which makes driving my Alpine in the summer feel like a toaster oven . I am considering putting together a partial soft top that only goes from the windscreen to the roll bar to block sun. Has anyone done this already? I assume my biggest problem will be reducing the “flutter and...
  12. Hodee

7/8 Front Sway Bar

I’m looking to install a 7/8 front sway bar and wondered if the Tigers came this size or not. I can order through Summit Racing but very much on back order.
  13. Hodee

Tiger sway bar

Anybody add a Tiger or Addco sway bar to a Series V Alpine ? Was the difference noticeable and positive? No intention of racing just trying to reduce body roll. Thx
  14. Hodee

Tiger sway bar

I'm curious about swapping the stock SV front sway bay to the thicker tiger version. Looking for less lean while cornering. Current shocks are 7 yrs old Monroe from SS with 5K miles. Any insight on locating this bar would be ideal and pros/cons in handling would be helpful as well. Also...
  15. Hodee

LED Tail lights

I know this is the Stock forum, but wondered if an 1137 LED bulb with work directly with the stock electrical system for rear running, brake and turn lights. thanks
  16. Hodee

Ser V Firmer front end

I want to firm up the front end on my Ser V. I'm thinking Tiger springs and sway bar with KYB Gas Adjust shocks. I do not race the car but enjoy driving back country roads. Any suggestions would be appreciated and sourcing Tiger springs have proven difficult. Sway bar can be found from ADDCO I...
  17. Hodee

ADDCO sway bar

I am considering the 7/8 addco sway bar for my Ser V Alpine. The item number listed on the site is 878 but shows no application to the Alpine. Only for the Tiger. My question is, will the stock mounting clamps on the lower A arms still work ? Will the new bushings fit into the stock clamps? This...
  18. Hodee

Steering Box knock

When turning the steering wheel somewhere from full left to full right I hear a knock and a very slight "bump" in the system. Anybody have an idea what this is? I have a spare box but no experience in rebuilding one.
  19. Hodee

Spax shocks

Anyone have a source for these shocks and info on the performance gains with the adjustable versions. I'm looking for a firmer ride on my front end.
  20. Hodee

LED tailights

I have found some LED 1157 bulbs that I think can be used as tailights. My question is, can these be used without adverse effects? I know using LED as flashers will cause them to blink at a faster rate but how about as taillights? thanks