• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger sway bar

Hodee

Donation Time
I'm curious about swapping the stock SV front sway bay to the thicker tiger version. Looking for less lean while cornering. Current shocks are 7 yrs old Monroe from SS with 5K miles. Any insight on locating this bar would be ideal and pros/cons in handling would be helpful as well. Also wondering about the "wear" or "fatigue" of shocks while being on the car that is "parked" most of the time. thanks as always.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Adco sell aftermarket tiger sway bars you will need larger bushings and clamps if you switch.

Another option would be to use superpro poly bushings for your current bar (come in 2 stifness compounds) .. Will sharpen response a bit and not increase understeer... Won't change roll much though..

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Check with Summit and etc., that is where I got mine years ago. The shocks are fine. Shocks have no impact on roll anyway. The Tiger sway bar is a great upgrade for an Alpine. Levels the car while cornering with no perceptible ride degradation.

Bill

Hodee

Donation Time
My current bushings are rubber and only a few years old. I'm hoping the tiger bar will reduce roll. ill look into ADCO. Anyone have experience with these?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
That's what mine is. It fit just fine and has not been a problem. I think any new Tiger bar will be made by Adco, maybe not carry their brand.

Bill

Hodee

Donation Time
Do the Addco mounts provided mount directly into the A arms as the stock ones do?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
My bar did not come with mounts. The Tiger roll bar does not require special mounts. Just 7/8" bushings, which work in the stock mounts. My bushings were a tad oversize when slipped onto the bar, had to sand them to fit.

Bill