• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger sway bar

Hodee

Donation Time
Anybody add a Tiger or Addco sway bar to a Series V Alpine ? Was the difference noticeable and positive? No intention of racing just trying to reduce body roll. Thx

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Installed a 7/8" Tiger sway bar about five years ago. Anyway you look at this deal, it is a winner. Keeps the car noticeably more level (winner) with no noticeable ride harshness (winner). Fits without any modification to anything, just need the Tiger bushings (winner). In short every Alpine should be fitted with one.
Bill

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
An eighth of an inch in diameter makes a big difference. OTBE, a 7/8" anti-roll bar has 1.85 times the torsional stiffness of a 3/4" anti-roll bar.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I have had a 7/8" in front and 5/8" in the rear for the last 40 years, my car drives great. You will love it.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I bot a SV several years ago that the PO had installed traction bars on. I've been amazed at how much body roll is reduced compared to every other Alpine I've owned. And this was with a stock front bar and average-condition bar bushings and shocks. And no real increase in oversteer, either, at least in street driving.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I bot a SV several years ago that the PO had installed traction bars on. I've been amazed at how much body roll is reduced compared to every other Alpine I've owned. And this was with a stock front bar and average-condition bar bushings and shocks. And no real increase in oversteer, either, at least in street driving.

RootesRooter,

Any chance of pics? I'm just curious which style traction bars you have installed.

Thanks,

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Make sure that you have 3 hands or some nice welding clamps as it's a bit of a wrestling match to install the bigger bars.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I picked up a set of the traction bars from a vendor in Daytona Beach at the Turkey Rod Run several years ago.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I may have a set laying around their chrome plated and just about free I'll have to take a look for if somebody's interested

Hodee

Donation Time
Any tips or secrets to installing a 7/8 bar? I was thinking of ratchet straps or strong parachord to pull the unattached side into the A arm.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Put the car partial up then with a Vise grip welding c-clamp it's a lot easier. Others suggested the ratcheting straps.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Installing a 7/8" bar is no different than installing a 3/4". Same technique and tools. I have installed both several time and will be dammed if I can remember exactly how. All I can recall is C-clamps and an assortment of wrench types and sizes. Mostly just stick to it and try different approaches. Your vocabulary will be enriched.
Bill

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Advised to raise car partially closest to the shape of the bar.
Clamp like pictured is the best.

Attachments

• 16213688552957858008091492136070.jpg
    16213688552957858008091492136070.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 38