• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. A

Engine and Trans etc. near Vancouver BC

Hi Andrew, PM sent. Trevor.
  2. A

Engine and Trans etc. near Vancouver BC

I have done a V6 conversion on SV and have had the stock engine and trans, driveshaft, front calipers, seats etc. sitting around for a year. Engine was running strong when pulled. Carbs rebuilt, brand new air filters. New clutch, maybe 50 KM on it. Sold the house and moving in a couple of months...
  3. A

Newbie Needs Advice

Hi Mike, I am almost through what you are planning. I bought a fairly clean driver with the thought of just fixing what needed to be fixed and drive it... well that lasted all of 2 months or so once I saw what was happening on "The Dark Side". I tracked down a running 1976 Mutt II and the fun...
  4. A

Wheels and tires

I forgot to mention this is on an SV. Trevor.
  5. A

Wheels and tires

JD, I went with the VTO's as well. I went with the 15x7 12P for the rear and 15x6 4.4" backspace for the front. I wanted to bring the rear out closer to the width of the front. 205/50/15's on all four. No problems in the front with 1 1/2 coils cut out of the spring. In the rear I had about...
  6. A

Rockauto

I get my parts parts through a friend who owns an auto repair shop, so he just called it in. Get them to look it up by the specific vehicle instead of a part number and see what you get.
  7. A

Rockauto

Scott, I got mine through Napa Canada. Part number 111840. My invoice says $58.10. I'm not sure if that is retail or discounted. Trevor.
  8. A

rear sump pan

Mike, I had a hard time tracking down the stock bolts and I think it was Kelly that mentioned he bolted the screen mounts under the stock cap bolts. That is what I ended up doing and it looks like it should work fine. Haven't run it yet but we'll see in the not too distant future. Trevor.
  9. A

Series V rear end pinion bolts

Sorry, I guess I meant crown ring bolts. Thanks.
  10. A

Does anyone know the torque spec on the pinion bolts? Can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks, Trevor.
  11. A

The washers are bent over. I will remove them and replace with lock washers. Hardened Lock washers I would assume?
  12. A

While I had my hubs off to put in hardened keys I decided I would pull the rear end apart and check the pinion bolts. They were all tight and still had the washers under them. The rear has been apart before as it has a home made gasket on it. So I would imagine someone has either replaced or...
  13. A

Newbie Darksider

That one is the part that comes off. I tried to attach pics of the correct pulley but it won't work for some reason. PM me with your email address and I'll send you the pics. Trevor.
  14. A

Pulling hubs and rebuilding seals...?

Rob, On my car the rear axle nut is 29mm or 1 1/8". It was a pain to get the nuts off, they were really tight. I ran a die over them once I got them off to clean up the threads. I had read through all of the horror stories of pulling the hubs so I was concerned about it, but I had this...
  15. A

Speedi- Sleeve and Hub Puller tool

Ron, I had one of these made. http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/WaltersPuller/rt-WaltersHubPuller1.asp I haven't used it yet, but if it works as described I can ship it over to you if you still don't have yours off by the time I'm done. Trevor.
  16. A

Speedi- Sleeve and Hub Puller tool

Ron, I am in the process of pulling my axles and ran into the same thing you are. The nuts are really tight the whole way off. I thought I was stripping the threads but they are fine. They are both right hand threads. I put the rear wheels on and it made it easier to hold while backing the nuts...
  17. A

2.8 Main cap bolts

Thanks Kelly! That makes complete sense.I do have the original bolts. For some reason I thought I had read that there were "special" bolts that had another way of it mounting. Any idea what those bolts get torqued to? Trevor.
  18. A

2.8 Main cap bolts

Has anyone had any luck buying new main cap bolts for mounting the oil pump pick up? I have a mutt II engine and need the Bronco/Ranger bolts but can't seem to track down these bolts at a wrecking yard. Looking for a Ford part number if one exists. Thanks, Trevor.
  19. A

Thermostat housing mod

Thanks guys, it makes sense. Doug, I did receive pictures. Thanks. Very helpful. Trevor.
  20. A

Thermostat housing mod

I have a machine shop right next door to my office with a full time TIG welder so I will just take it to them and avoid shipping costs and dealing with customs. Any idea what degree that cut is? Thanks, Trevor.