• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. ForzaDesign

clutch wont bleed

Well its been 4 years and I am finally stumped. Last week my clutch stopped working. Noticed fluid coming from the slave. So I decided to rebuild both the master and slave. Got the kits from SS. Disassembled, bores look great, and did the 15 minute reassemble. Did a bench bleed to make sure...
  2. ForzaDesign

Durite solenoid switch

has anyone used the Durite 033501 solenoid switch? Thanks, Jim
  3. ForzaDesign

Hitachi alternator w/ dual Spal fans

Guys, As usual great input. I would agree that the alternator output will vary with speed. I would have to see the power curves to determine the actual output. It is a tough nut though. We actually need the maximum fan output at idle. I cant remember ever seeing elevated temps when driving over...
  4. ForzaDesign

electric fan installation

Hello team, I finally made the decision to convert the SV to electric fans. After my trip to Vegas last month worrying about sitting at idle. I purchased a pair of SPAL 9" pullers. Great kit with all the harnesses. My only obstacle now is what to do for a temp switch. The one I ordered is a...
  5. ForzaDesign

Wilwood clutch master

I am attempting to replace my Lockeed clutch master with the a Wilwood. Issue I am encountering. 1. Hydraulic line is different size from factory slave. 3/8-24 versus 7/16-20. 2. Pedal rod is too long. Tried to switch the original but factory spherical washer is too thick. 3. Moisture...
  6. ForzaDesign

Vin Tag Repro

I remember seeing reproduction aluminum SV vin tags somewhere. Perhaps UK? Can anyone jog my memory here. I found a nice car without a VIN. Would really be a shame to cut up a body this nice. Thanks, Jim
  7. ForzaDesign

temp sending unit impedance value

I just bought a new temp sending unit from SS. My car immediately to show extremely hot temps. I compared the impedance value of the new against the old one and the results as follows? Original is 1.08Ω at 20K scale New is .88Ω at 20K scale Does anyone know what the real value should be to...
  8. ForzaDesign

Glove box installation

I just purchased the walnut dash with glove box door as well as the cubby box. How does this install? does it screw in from the back of dash or the inside lip where the door fits in to? Thanks, Jim
  9. ForzaDesign

Rota 15 X 7 wheels

Has anyone used the Rota 15 X 7 wheels on their Sunbeam? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15X7-ROTA-RB-4x108-15-WHEELS-SUNBEAM-TIGER-CAPRI_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5ac44208QQitemZ130371830280QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories Thanks, Jim
  10. ForzaDesign

factory tool kit inventory

Can anyone tell me what the original tool kits actually consisted of? Thanks, Jim
  11. ForzaDesign

rotor position at TDC

Hi Guys, Need some input. Just completed rebuilding the front CD150. Drove the car 75miles to LA. Ran perfect. On the way home car starting missing badly. Popping, no power barely idling. Some how got the car home. The next morning car would barely start. will not idle over 500rpm until is get...
  12. ForzaDesign

CD150 needle/seat tool

Is there a special tool for the stromberg needle/seat? They don't seem to be 1/2 or 13MM. I've installed these twice now and they were buggered both times. Thanks, Jim
  13. ForzaDesign

Speedo rebuild

Does anyone remember a DIY for Jaeger speedo's? I;m putting the OD speedo in my alpine now that the OD is installed. Don't feel comfortable going 130:) while disassembling, I'm having trouble getting the trip cable off. Thanks, Jim
  14. ForzaDesign

Original wheel color

Does anyone have the original color code for the wheels? Four of my original SV wheels have a cream like white. Need to do my spare. Thanks, Jim
  15. ForzaDesign

Any Vegas members out there?

On my way to Vegas in the SV this afternoon.......hopefully! Is there any Vegas members out there willing to give me there contact info in case I need it? Thanks, Jim
  16. ForzaDesign

Traveling tool kit suggestions

Well I'm almost ready for vacation to Vegas next week. And yes the SV is my choice of travel. That's why I rebuilt the thing right! I"m thinking on bringing some emergency breakdown supplies and would like some input from the group. Here is what I was thinking of: -3/8 socket set -3/8...
  17. ForzaDesign

Any ignition guru's listening

Well after about 1500 miles of a great running car after the resto, the SV began to have trouble starting. Finally would not start again. Here's the background. -Complete motor rebuild -Complete Strombergs rebuilt -Distributor rebuilt w/Petronix -Fuel pump rebuilt Here's what I was...
  18. ForzaDesign

Rear axle gear ratio confirmation

Looking for input from the rear axle guroos out there. I have the drive shaft out SV being shortened for the OD installation this weekend. So I decided to check on the gear ratio while I was at it. I marked the left backing plate and drum from the inside so I could see the relationship while...
  19. ForzaDesign

Washer bag wanted

I am looking for a nice SV washer bag. Mine accidentally got blown against my exhaust manifold. Any help? Thanks, Jim
  20. ForzaDesign

Speedo dial face calibration numbers

Does anyone have any data on the numbers on dial face of speedo's and tach's? Thanks, Jim