• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by W2 & Lora

1. W2 & Lora

Battery relocation question

Well, the Alpine V6 conversion process is finally nearing the end. It is at a local shop getting the dual exhaust fabricated and off course the mechanic would like to relocate the battery. He said he found a kit online for the Sunbeam, but can't locate it again. Anyone have any...
  2. W2 & Lora

Holley jet question V6

Hi Smart People! I have finally got the engine running with the Holley 390 and am having trouble with bad hesitation. It idles fine, pulling about 15 on the vacuum gage, and I think I have the timing pretty close. I really need to play with the gas pedal to get it to go, and even then, a lot...
  3. W2 & Lora

Brake distribution block question

Alrighty, thanks! Wasn't sure if it mattered what went where.
  4. W2 & Lora

Brake distribution block question

Good day, I have searched every way I know how, but cannot find a routing diagram that shows which ports are the outlets and which one is the inlet from the MC on thebrake distribution block. I have it apart and failed to take a pic. Now brakes won't bleed andI think I have the MC connection...
  5. W2 & Lora

Leaking Intake Manifold

It's alive! Woooooooo! I can't get the video of it running to upload, but it sounds pretty awesome with just the headers.
  6. W2 & Lora

Leaking Intake Manifold

Yay! I talked to a machinist who said i was within tolerances. He recommended no cork ends on the gasket and to skim each port with Ultra black anyway. I did. Leaked a little on the interior, but I went back and retorqued all the bolts after warming up the manifold with a hair dryer. Viola...
  7. W2 & Lora

Leaking Intake Manifold

Well, GNBN. I have eliminated the external leaks, but now it is leaking inside and down into the oil pan. I may just have to punt and try the stock intake, but then I have to fabricate a spacer for the carb and rebuild it. Joy.
  8. W2 & Lora

carburetor switch

How did you cut down the stock spacer?
  9. W2 & Lora

Leaking Intake Manifold

Hi Guys, I am stuck. I have installed an Ofy intake manifold on the V6 three times with 3 different gaskets. (paper, Fel-Pro and Mahler) I have a leak along the rear and have followed the install instructions regarading the sealer. Upon removing the assembly, the leaks are around the...
  10. W2 & Lora

V6 Conversion

Hey! I am almost ready for the first firing! However, small snag. Apparently I bought the wrong spark plug wire set. So tomorrow I will take the cap with me to the parts store and see what they have. Otherwise, I turned it over to find TDC, wired up the ignition (using HEI), temporarily...
  11. W2 & Lora

V6 Conversion

Alrighty. I installed the other two shims after I finally persueded the bearing assembly to come off of the shaft. The shaft had formed a bit of surface rust that was keeping the unit from sliding easily. Anyway, shims installed, engine mated up, clutch bled and tested. I was able to turn...
  12. W2 & Lora

V6 Conversion

I have 2 in and if I can persude the damn bearingto slide off of the shaft, I am going to try the other 2 for a total of 4. For some reason, I can't the assembly to slide off so I can install them.
  13. W2 & Lora

V6 Conversion

Ok, I think I am making progress. I was able to verify the clutch is not being depressed enough by the throwout bearing, so I am adding shims. Hopefully that will solve the problem. Another bell housing with the traditional fork assembly is on its way if that doesn't work.
  14. W2 & Lora

Puzzled, need help, pls

Ken, The puzzled me part is it turns whether in gear, out of gear, pedal in or out. W2
  15. W2 & Lora

Puzzled, need help, pls

I can turn the driveshaft regardless of where the pedal is...