• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by tfctpa

1. tfctpa

Series II for sale

I have over 10K in the car, $$ goes fast when you are having fun. Asking $6,000 OBO. Thank you,
  2. tfctpa

Series II for sale

Sii I have put more pictures up on www.mySeriesII.com. The car is in Tampa, FL
  3. tfctpa

Series II for sale

I hate to do this, but the economy has left me no choice. I am selling my 1962 Alpine SII. It has a 2.8L v6 (non-jose) and full Capri running gear. I had been using it for a daily driver, mainly because it is easier to park than my truck. The car was recently painted, and has been garage kept...
  4. tfctpa

Suspension puzzle

I was thinking more of king pins/ball joints depending on the series.
  5. tfctpa

Spring starter, no electric problems

This seems like a great idea to me, with one modification. I have a swamp buggy, powered by a '43 Willys four banger. It is a 3 hour ride through the Everglades to get to my property and with out a buggy, it would be impossible to stay there for any extended time (You can only backpack a few...
  6. tfctpa

You know you're in Egypt when

I think it has 2 humps, must be a Tiger.
  7. tfctpa

wiring diagrams

I have done the SI, SII and S4 Alpine diagrams and have put them on my webiste (a work in progress). SIII and SV are there also, someone else did those. Here is the url: http://www.myseriesii.com/tech.html enjoy!
  8. tfctpa

Camera choices

Paul, I use a Nikon D80, and am very pleased with the camera, plus Nikkor glass, the best in the industry. The Silent-Wave (AF-S) lenses are the cats meow, offering focusing as fast as any in the industry. My favorite lens is the Nikon - 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom, I use it on 80%...
  9. tfctpa

Alternator adjustment tang

Wow! Now just add a water jet and a CNC and you can build all the parts we need. Those look realy nice.
  10. tfctpa

Very Cool

Great work Ian, It takes alot to migrate any application, no mater how easy the developers say it is. I think I can say that 'we all' appreaciate the hard work you have put into this! I have come across some small items, and when everything stabilizes, I'll put them in a list for you...
  11. tfctpa

Joe-is this one of your kits??

After drag racing for years, I though a 'beam would be a poor choice for drag racing. Too short of a wheelbase, bet he couldn't see where he was going for the first 150 feet!
  12. tfctpa

Warranty help

Believe it or not, the Better Business Bureau has helped me in the past. They collect data on manufactures and pressure them to do the right thing. I had a Chevy Silverado P/U with 56K miles on it when the transmission went out. The truck was close to two years out of warranty. The local...
  13. tfctpa

A new "Alpine Marque", is there a need?

Great Idea! I can't do much, but what ever I can contribute i will. Andrew, thank you for your dedication.
  14. tfctpa

TE/AE United XXVII

Absolutely beautiful finish, tan interior and top, and New Jersey vanity plates. Wish I'd taken the time to crawl under it. Look at the reflection in the hood, like a mirror! Thanks for the reply.
  15. tfctpa

TE/AE United XXVII

I created a photobucket account with over 200 pictures of TE/AE United at: http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff109/tfctpa/ I took over 650 pictures, so if there is something you are looking for, let me know and I'll see if I have it. BTW here is a beautiful V6, is it a Jose?