• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Paul N.

1. Paul N.

Twin "Z's" in a 1725

The usual reason the oil pressure relief valve causes low oil pressure is that after high mileages a curved ridge wears on the piston and it latches in the side hole. Forget about making it adjustable, just take a sharp implement and rotate the piston so that the wear ridge and the hole no...
  2. Paul N.

Harrington LeMans part

I think you're getting confused with the "Kilts" thread.
  3. Paul N.

Clan Sunbeam Reborn !

So that he can sound like a very posh British megalomaniac:- "It's maine, I tell you. . . . . Maine, all maine!!!" <Exit stage left, uttering manic laughter and wringing hands in a manner reminiscent of a cross between Vincent Price and Alice Cooper.>
  4. Paul N.

Not a Tiger - but an interesting Anglo-American hybrid.

Thanks, Andrew - and good to see your name again. I remember it from the old forum! Even though there's only the one ZT-T in the US of A, "www.Two-Sixties.com" (the main forum for the MG ZT 260, ZT-T 260 and Rover 75 V8) is the featured forum on this months RockAuto newsletter.
  5. Paul N.

Harrington LeMans part

Is he only "Sarah-Lou" at weekends then?
  6. Paul N.

Harrington LeMans part

I've contacted the seller and she's "looking into it"! By the way, I also have the seals for the Clayton Dewandre servos - all six (!!!) versions of the Mot-A-Vac and the earlier VOM units fitted to Jaguars, Rileys, Rovers and Jensens.
  7. Paul N.

Ford 14" wheels for SIV

I haven't the foggiest how many are available ready to fit (my Alpines have wires) but Minilites do - and what other alloys would you possibly want to fit? Some plonker had fitted Ford Rostyles to my Tiger!!
  8. Paul N.

Alpine Fender Badge question

I'd totally forgotten the Lotus ones!!
  9. Paul N.

Clan Sunbeam Reborn !

The use of the word "bug" is usually attributed to U.S. Navy Admiral Grace Murray Hopper who, in either August or September 1945 (accounts vary), pulled a 2" moth from relay number 70, Panel F, of the MARK II Aiken Relay Calculator, in the Harvard University. Some accounts say it was a "Mark I"...
  10. Paul N.

More on Tartans

Sure . . . . . . . But you might care to be more careful what you're wearing when showing them off!!
  11. Paul N.

Not a Tiger - but an interesting Anglo-American hybrid.

Especially with that bloody great (and rather silly looking) extra MG badge on the back!
  12. Paul N.

Bad reading

If fuel and temperature both read wrong, don't forget the instrument voltage stabiliser behind the dash.
  13. Paul N.

Ford 14" wheels for SIV

Your first word says it all:- "Almost" everyone . . . . . . . . . . and if you get alloys (or steel wheels for that matter) specifically for Rootes cars with rear drums then they fit without spacers and with the correct offset.
  14. Paul N.

Correct Oil Change Procedure

They're right - it does work. The same filter was also used on Fords and, if you want a larger capacity filter, the one from the SuperSnipe will screw on. I believe (but don't quote me) that the same large filter was used on the Essex V6.
  15. Paul N.

Off Season Plan

Best to connect it from the coil to an earthed spark plug. If you don't, the HT may track at the coil and leave a carbon route for future problems. Even worse, the insulation may break down inside the coil. Either way, it's not worth the risk. Far simpler to remove one of the LT leads at the...