• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Bill Tubbs

1. 1967 Series V Alpine

1967 Series V Alpine

'RooteBeer' purchased in 2002 at 85% restored condition. Now running and at about 90%.
  2. Bill Tubbs

Getting ready to sell Series V

Gotcha. Actually, I had a site with lots of photos but it was done in Frontpage and I can't use it on my Windows 10 now, even in compatibility mode. But at least I saved all the info. I'll take more photos when all the storms pass. Thanks!
  3. Bill Tubbs

Hi Ron... I've had several private messages on it but I'm just in the beginnings of sorting out exactly what I have in parts and pieces. When I get through all this I'll repost a message. Thanks! Bill
  4. Bill Tubbs

Working on photos and lists now. Thanks!
  5. Bill Tubbs

After decades of fooling around with my first one (which ended up as razor blades somewhere) and my current '67 Series V, I'm thinking it's time to give it up and sell it to someone who might want to take a running Alpine and go the distance on fixing it up. I'm looking for a little feedback...
  6. Bill Tubbs

Weber Conversion

Happy Customer I just wanted to mention that I bought linkage from you several years ago and just got around to installing my Weber a couple of months ago. Pulled your linkage out of the box, measured and drilled holes in the firewall, and it works perfectly. Thanks a million, Jan!! Bill...
  7. Bill Tubbs

Oh.....my....goodness......

Relisted Relisted ... as a Triumph. THAT will certainly help! :eek:
  8. Bill Tubbs

Sunbeam Sign.

That's really cool. I'm working on my own picobrewery/pub in the garage and this gives me an idea or two (no, I won't steal yours) :D
  9. Bill Tubbs

Horn hookup

I just dug out my old horn ring from one of my many parts boxes. It has a green wire coming from it, and I understand from the schematic and forum conversations that it is supposed to go to a spade on the turn signal switch. There IS a purple wire coming from the loom to the switch, but it...
  10. Bill Tubbs

Switching Wheel Hubs

George and John... Yeah, I've been looking at the threads each time I get the drive to do this and it looks like there is a wide variety of success stories. I've seen that Tiger tool before (on their web site) and it would be neat if someone just manufactured and sold it. I don't weld, and I...
  11. Bill Tubbs

Switching Wheel Hubs

I just looked at some Proto 4001 pullers online - seems like a lot on eBay - and they look pretty similar to what I have. Are you thinking the strength of mine may not be up to the task? It'll be a little while before I get to this but after reading some threads about the different hubs I...
  12. Bill Tubbs

Switching Wheel Hubs

Thanks, Mark...:) Here are links to three shots I just took of the smaller hubs. It measures about 26mm on one opening, and about 29mm on the other side: http://s800.photobucket.com/user/cgpiper/media/IMAG1384_1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0...
  13. Bill Tubbs

Switching Wheel Hubs

Hub photos Could someone who knows wheel hubs take a look at this photo and see if any of these are correct for SV steel wheels? I acquired them several years ago but didn't know to check and see if they were correct for front and rear...
  14. Bill Tubbs

Clocks

Jon, I saw an older post of yours with a photo of a brown/tan Smith's clock. I also have one of those and plan to put it in my SV once I see if it's working (or even if not). Do you have any idea what car this came out of?
  15. Bill Tubbs

Two Weber install questions

Rich, it's been a while but now that I have the Weber installed and the car running decently, I'm starting to fill in the blanks. Before I spend a lot of time trying to cobble something together, can you tell me if there is already a pvc elbow connection that fits the carb baseplate for hooking...