• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weber Conversion

webineer

Bronze Level Sponsor
Evening Gents,
My brother just bought a weber carb and the associated manifold for his 62 alpine. He asked me to post this question about where to get the linkage he's going to need from the pedal rod up to the carb and that whole setup. Apparently he was not successful at SS. Is this something that really good tinkerers make themselves or is there somewhere to purchase?
Any comments welcome.
As always thanks for your help.
Paul

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
As I recall, when I bought my carb from SS it came with instructions on how to make the linkage. I don't have those instructions anymore, but it wasn't difficult. I made mine out of a piece of 1/4" rod and a cut-off piece of steel from an L-bracket purchased from Home Depot. I didn't have a welder at the time and brazed everything together with a Mapp gas torch. It wasn't difficult and has lasted for more than 10 years.

webineer

Bronze Level Sponsor
For anyone following this thread, I just found out that SS sells the linkage. I guess they forgot to mention it when my brother ordered all his parts.:)

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have been making the weber linkage kits for a long time, like 15 years now.
They are complete. Everything one needs is included, even the screws.
Jan

agmason54

Donation Time
free Weber linkage

Ive been making Weber linkage out of All-thread,a few nuts and a metal bracket that bolts on to the top brake master bolt for peanuts from any hardware store for twenty five years.Its sooooo easy.I can send any one a picture and a handdrawing that even a child could understand...
Agm

Bill Tubbs

Donation Time
Happy Customer

I have been making the weber linkage kits for a long time, like 15 years now.
They are complete. Everything one needs is included, even the screws.
Jan

I just wanted to mention that I bought linkage from you several years ago and just got around to installing my Weber a couple of months ago. Pulled your linkage out of the box, measured and drilled holes in the firewall, and it works perfectly. Thanks a million, Jan!!

Bill Tubbs