• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by 67Survivor

1. 67Survivor

My photo site

Oh excellent, I was unaware of this option. Thank you
  2. 67Survivor

My photo site

Hello everyone, I had posted links to my photo website where I had lots of photos of different parts of the car being repaired/restored. Unfortunately the company hosting the site got greedy and was told which end of their Leer jet to stuff my photos into. Long and short is that the links no...
  3. 67Survivor

bumper wrap

I may have gotten off easy, but I managed to get the local chrome shop to straighten my badly mangled back bumper, do some minor repairs to the front bumper and re-chrome both bumpers and all 4 bumperettes for $800 canadian. That was about 4 years ago. I will say, that the new chrome does not...
  4. 67Survivor

Replacement fuel line

Sunbeam Specialties is basically $140 for a full set of lines, with all fittings on both ends. Correct thread etc. Costs more than a bulk roll, but I find my time more valuable than another $50 in my jeans. I also like the idea of supporting the guy that has all the other parts I need. If we...
  5. 67Survivor

Clutch Master Spacer

Hi Guys, Which series of Alpine had a spacer block between the firewall and the master cylinder, and what is the purpose of the spacer? Thank you, Rob
  6. 67Survivor

S5 Brake Booster Repair Kit

I bought one of those. It's still in the box and for sale. Lots of obvious plastic parts that don't really suit an original looking Alpine. Very typical Vic British type of "It will work, but it won't fit right or look right" type product.
  7. 67Survivor

Fuel sending unit gasket

Sunbeam Specialties Part #GT53 Gasket, Sending Unit Alpine3-5 and Tiger $4.80 each
  8. 67Survivor

Fuel sending unit gasket

Thanks Eric. I was looking at pulling the spring to attempt it, but thought someone else may be able to tell me if it's a waste of time. Thank you.
  9. 67Survivor

Fuel sending unit gasket

Has anyone tried to replace the fuel sending unit gasket without removing the fuel tanks? I couldn't find my replacement when I installed the fuel tanks, so I reused the original and now it is leaking when the tank is full and I drive like an idiot. Driving like an idiot won't stop, so either I...
  10. 67Survivor

MGB or Sunbeam Alpine?

Someone will want to double check these numbers, but I believe there were 660,000 MGBs made and under 60,000 Alpines. In Victoria BC where I live, MGbs are very common and have been for a long time. It is also quite likely that there are more working Tigers in Victoria than Alpines. This...
  11. 67Survivor

MGB or Sunbeam Alpine?

As for Chick car: Damn straight it's a chick magnet. As a single guy, that works in my favor.
  12. 67Survivor

MGB or Sunbeam Alpine?

There is a reason that nobody notices an MG drive by...
  13. 67Survivor

Front Suspension Top Link

The Question: Are the top Links of the front suspension interchangeable from passenger side to driver side? The details: I have a messed up front suspension. It has been determined that the "Subframe" or "Crossmember" is bent to the point that it needs replacing. I have in my possession a...
  14. 67Survivor

Sunbeam script or logo

I'd like a copy of these please. I tried the link above, but it didn't work. Robfeatherby @ gmail. com Thank you